Willy's jeep ...which colour?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm building a willy's jeep for a dio and the instructions are telling me to paint it an olive brown but that doesn't seem right to me as there is a bloke need me that has one from the Second World War and it's more of an olive green colour

All help appreciated :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As far as I know, WWII willy's were finished in Olive Drab or in a Olive Brown.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
As far as I know, WWII willy's were finished in Olive Drab or in a Olive Brown.Si:smiling3:
That's what it says in the instructions , maybe the one this guys got is a later version and is either telling porkies about when it's from or he's been fibbed too .

If that's the colour then that's the colour :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
According to my books (Korean war) they were either sand, olive drab or olive tan/brownFound two piccies on t'intergoogle that show the difference and are about the same as shown in me book..... Broon and gween :smiling3:

View attachment 73194 View attachment 73195
Thanks Colin , that one on the right is the same colour as the one this guys got but I think I'll go with the broon one it looks better :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Colin is right, just had a lickle looky-up, desert tan, drab brown, olive drab. Also they did them in Arctic white (snow camo) and bright orange, red, yellow or chequered for airfield use.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Colin is right, just had a lickle looky-up, desert tan, drab brown, olive drab. Also they did them in Arctic white (snow camo) and bright orange, red, yellow or chequered for airfield use.Si:smiling3:
Cheers mate :smiling3:

That snow camo one sounds like a new dio on the cards , oh yeah :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers mate :smiling3: That snow camo one sounds like a new dio on the cards , oh yeah :smiling3:
I have a 1/43 willy's jeep in diecast that I got cheap that is going on a little dio with two figures. This is going to be white-washed, then the two guys are going to be snow camo. There is going to be snow and trees and it will be a secret mission with the driver stood watching as the other goes off.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I have a 1/43 willy's jeep in diecast that I got cheap that is going on a little dio with two figures. This is going to be white-washed, then the two guys are going to be snow camo. There is going to be snow and trees and it will be a secret mission with the driver stood watching as the other goes off.Si:smiling3:
Cool mate sounds like an interesting story I'm looking forward to it .

My next one is a Christmas scene , the wife wants me to do it as a centre piece on the hearth of the fire , pretty straight forward most difficult thing is scratch build a cottage

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
the wife wants me to do it as a centre piece on the hearth of the fire , pretty straight forward most difficult thing is scratch build a cottage
Yeah, with a Tiger tank hidden inside and some German troops in snow camo running around...tell her it is Foy village, Bastogne :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yeah, with a Tiger tank hidden inside and some German troops in snow camo running around...tell her it is Foy village, Bastogne :D Si:smiling3:
Mate I've just told the wife about those adaptations and the response I got was not only colder than Bastogne but the vocal response is unprintable lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mate I've just told the wife about those adaptations and the response I got was not only colder than Bastogne but the vocal response is unprintable lol
Spoil sport... :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Women can be so strange about these sort of ideas don't you think :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Women can be so strange about these sort of ideas don't you think :D
They have no idea how it would transform the Xmas fireplace, the family all gathered, a battle raging in miniature...what more does she want?! It will be snowy, okay maybe not cheery but still, a good talking point me thinks.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
They have no idea how it would transform the Xmas fireplace, the family all gathered, a battle raging in miniature...what more does she want?! It will be snowy, okay maybe not cheery but still, a good talking point me thinks.Si:smiling3:
I agree mate and might I add the fun of a snowball fight but with hand grenades :smiling3:

N

noble

Have a driver driving the jeep with a santa hat on and fake beard delivering christmas mail to troop sitting ariunf a fire with a christmas tree as a back drop.

scott