Wobblys Workshop The Ambush

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tremendous diorama Mick .Can you tell us more about the brick work, esp the brick circle in the center, very neat indeed .
The committee were also impressed, so much they have awarded you a .

The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png

Congratulations.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Very nice dio, Mick. :thumb2:
I love the way you captured the dynamics of the ongoing action: every figure is moving as a part of a coordinated common body, which is not an easy effect to achieve.
A fully deserved "The dogs" award (I never had doubts about the Prize Committee competence, of course...:smiling4:)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep,
Very nice indeed :smiling3:
"Wobbly" eh?.... Hmmmm,Warsteiner...... Happy memories,the one's that remain anyway!! ;)
Andy

Wobbly Woofer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Well done Mr. Wobbly.......is it 1/35 scale or smaller? Very well integrated when viewed from any angle. :thumb2: And you got the "Dog's" right out the gate!!;) Rick H.
Hi Rick, Thanks for the comment, Yep all done in 1/35-Wobbly Take care

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very nice!!!

Wobbly Woofer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Tremendous diorama Mick .Can you tell us more about the brick work, esp the brick circle in the center, very neat indeed .
The committee were also impressed, so much they have awarded you a .

View attachment 449585

Congratulations.
Hiya John, sorry about delay in replying, Brickwork just scribed into foam.... Black primer, Then I wet blended "Brick" colours using a bit of sponge. When dry used Watered down pva on grout lines then sprinkled with my finest sand. Let it dry and then went over with a dry stiff paint brush. Quite a lot of the sand brushed off but I was pretty pleased with the result . I would normally have gone down the "Dry Brushing route.... but I'm well impressed with the finished result...and will use it again. Wonder if it will work on a stone wall? Have had some nice comments about the Dio, and look forward to being able to both learn and perhaps even contribute a little to the group. Take care and happy modelling -Mick

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hiya John, sorry about delay in replying, Brickwork just scribed into foam.... Black primer, Then I wet blended "Brick" colours using a bit of sponge. When dry used Watered down pva on grout lines then sprinkled with my finest sand. Let it dry and then went over with a dry stiff paint brush. Quite a lot of the sand brushed off but I was pretty pleased with the result . I would normally have gone down the "Dry Brushing route.... but I'm well impressed with the finished result...and will use it again. Wonder if it will work on a stone wall? Have had some nice comments about the Dio, and look forward to being able to both learn and perhaps even contribute a little to the group. Take care and happy modelling -Mick
Thank you Mick.
It's a most impressive way of achieving that most realistic look . I was interested in the use of watered down PVA and the fine sand , I normally use grey pigment rubbed into the mortar line , but seeing your method looking like that have a play .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry, must have missed this :flushed:. Excellent dio wobbers. Plenty to look at, nice sense of movement and urgency, and great brickwork with properly coloured mortar….what’s not to like:thumb2: