wood cars

M

mudslide

Hi guys I am new to this model forum. I wonder has anybody attempted scratch building model cars in 1/24 scale at all? I have seen paper model cars done on various web sites and wonder if they could be used as a template at all?

B

baz

scratcbuilt cars

Hellp Mr Mudslide,

where do you guys get your names from any welcome to the Best forum on the net for model makers,

here are a few images os some of my scratchbuilt cars all racing car im afraid as I am a motorsport fan as well as sci fi and other things. These are not 1/24th but the scale is just a size right, there are quite a few good blueprint sites on the net for cars of all kinds, you should also try to find walkround sites of the vehicle you plan to model and also try to get as many images of the car in question as you can. wheels have always given me a problem over the years but now I have got the hang of them, glass is also a big headache for model cars if you can mould perspex you could make anything you choose or if not try to find easter egg containers or other prespex mouldings for anything really so long as you can get the shape you need for the model.

good luck with your project I look forward to seeingimages and build up on the webpage.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

View attachment 64823

View attachment 64824

View attachment 64825

View attachment 64826

View attachment 64827

batmobile one.jpg

lotus 18 engine.jpg

lotus 72-4.jpg

PC070028.jpg

DSCF0310.jpg

M

mudslide

Hi barrie , how my nickname came about was I work on taxis co. Durham. One day I had the call of nature on a grassy bank in a muddy where upon slid on my back covering in mud like a world class rugby player. My wife and boss were not best pleased that day! Barrie your model work is awesome. I am currently building the tamiya mini Monte Carlo with a few mods very enjoyable kit defo recommend it .

B

baz

Hello Mr mudslide,

well you will have to try and WASH OFF that nickname, hope the post was of some help, my days of building commercial kits is long gone I have not built a kit from a box for years I just keep scratchbuilding anything and everythng cars sci fi miltary real space castles what ever takes my fancy, if I can help with anything let me know or any of the others on the site they are ALL very helpful guys on this site the best I have been on.

keep sticking the parts together , regards Barie ( the old guy )

D

Deleted member 3568

Those are incredible scratch built cars there Barie I could only dream of producing that quality you've picked a really challenging genre there to say the least mudslides.

First Name
Gregg
Welcome to the best Forum on the net, all friendly and helpful on here. :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum the best and friendliest on the net :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hello welcome to the forums Mudslide,