Workable thread lock.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Most of the thread locks on the market are much too fierce for our use,I use ordinary polyurethane varnish which has had the lid off overnight,this gives a thickish liquid which will lock and above all break when required.

I have destroyed so many useful parts especially on model helicopters that have suffered from too powerful a thread lock,one chap locked his prop in place via the prop nut,we could not shift it and the engine was scrap.

Always red lock the flywheels on model helicopter engines this is certainly one exception if you dont want a complete strip down to happen after they shake loose,which they will.

S

Seaspray

I find 222 thread lock a bit fierce but if I've have to use thread lock Comma Oil make a good one @ car shops

A

andrewdrol

Hi i agree the problem is there are so many different one and people don't understand - i work in heavy plant in quarries in the work shop they swear by t-locks and nothing else so for fly wheels shafts etc where you don't want something coming a drift I use t-lock1 on my aircraft (nothing will come off we fixed a 20 ton rock breaker with dodgy loose shaft bolts using tlock) but for a gentler approach in my models i use t-lock 3 and 2, 3 being very fine and gentle but with excellent caplliary action and a good break, its a simple range the company is at Thread Lock Adhesives - Tough Technology products Ltd Thread Locking

happy flying

Last edited:
N

neal_bett

Hello, dear members, sorry to hi jak the thread a bit but if someone could start a new thread with this post that would be great. This video is defintley worth a look, hope you enjoy it.

I am working for the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg and I was producing a new video with them during the last weeks. As well being a huge fan of railway modelling, a passionated modeller and I hope that you guys are as delighted as I am about this video!:smiling: I am pretty new to this group and I would like to use this video to introduce myself in a way. Now all of you know where I am almost every day! Enjoy….

Today we turn to you with a little request. Possibly, you've already heard about us! The Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg (Germany) is the largest model railroad of the world. Over 1 million visitors per year give proof that people can still get inspired with this wonderful hobby. Nonetheless, it gets harder and harder to get the large majority be interested in model making. But, here in Wunderland, we definitely do! Everyday, we can witness people coming in as tourists, and leaving Wunderland intrigued by model making.

In the past weeks, we've produced a new video portraying Wunderland with impressive images in only 4 minutes. We dream about this video being distributed all over the world, and that ever more people get infected with the model making virus. We would be elated, if you watch this video, and, if you like it, forward it to your friends, acquaintances, and relatives via Facebook, e-mail, or Youtube. If we manage to have over 1 million viewers within e.g., 10 days, we could make it onto the world-wide Youtube hit-list, and reach even more people.

In case you have the impression that this video only serves advertisement purposes, please, don't feel solicited, and simply delete it. However, we hope that you will help us to reach those people who would not watch a video about model making, otherwise. In our eyes, the video turned out really great and amazing, and deserves to become famous.

Kind regards from Miniatur Wunderland!

The largest tiny world in four minutes. Brand-new video in HD. Help us to make our tiny world become famous in the big wide world, and share this video.

P

phalinmegob

is this the same place that james may visited in his toy stories program, looks great, have linked on facebook for you