Working Link Tracks ???

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I just acquired a Tank kit. M60-A1 ....... and I have a question??? Are the working link tracks worth buying and fitting ??? Or are they more hassle than they are worth??? I mean putting all those "Itty Bitty" little links together and having to individually paint each of the little rubber blocks (I have no idea what they are called) on them.

Peter

First Name
Robert
Hi peter I don't particularly like the individual track links as I had them on the dragon kit ( hetzer 38T) I found them awful to work with as you have to put them in lengths and glue together and while still playable place on the wheels to let set ( making a sag if you need too. ( took me ages and I would not repeat it

For painting the tracks once the pieces were set I painted dark mud colour then highlighted with lighter and lighter thin coats until desired effect achieved. The rubber blocks you speak of are actually the tread of the track, to prolong the life of the track on road surfaces ( other tanks had rubber on the main wheels )

( bummer if you got approx 96 track links with shoes to paint

Hope this is of help some

Robert

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hi peter I don't particularly like the individual track links as I had them on the dragon kit ( hetzer 38T) I found them awful to work with as you have to put them in lengths and glue together and while still playable place on the wheels to let set ( making a sag if you need too. ( took me ages and I would not repeat it
For painting the tracks once the pieces were set I painted dark mud colour then highlighted with lighter and lighter thin coats until desired effect achieved. The rubber blocks you speak of are actually the tread of the track, to prolong the life of the track on road surfaces ( other tanks had rubber on the main wheels )

( bummer if you got approx 96 track links with shoes to paint

Hope this is of help some

Robert
Thanks Robert............. I think I'll just stick with the vinyl tracks that come with it. I built a Trumpeter "Morser" a while back with vinyl tracks and they painted up ok and looked pretty good when done.