Workstation Fan

S

Stefan290790

Hey all.

My workstation currently doesn't have great ventilation so I wanted to ask for a few tips on how i can improve it?

Cheers.

T

tecdes

Bit more info required Stefan.

Is the ventilation for airbrush painting or the whole of your workstation ?

Do you uses enamel or acrylics ?

Do you have access for a fan or ducting to the outside ?

Are you going to concoct something your self or buy a unit ?

Laurie

S

Stefan290790

Sorry!

Whole workstation (no airbrushing), both enamels and acrylics, I got a window but I do not want that opened all the time, id construct if it's simple and cheap or buy a unit if they are not too expensive :smiling3:

\ said:
Bit more info required Stefan.Is the ventilation for airbrush painting or the whole of your workstation ?

Do you uses enamel or acrylics ?

Do you have access for a fan or ducting to the outside ?

Are you going to concoct something your self or buy a unit ?

Laurie

T

tecdes

Hi Stefan

I think that given your circumstances the easiest & cheapest way is to get a window fan. Needs a hole in the glass. If it is double glazed you may have to have a whole new pane unit as obviously the hole would have to be sealed. Vent Axia or other manufacturers will have a graph showing the rates of extraction for volume of the room & size of fan to meet those parameters. You may also be able to obtain a variable speed fan.

You could also put a hole thro the wall & use a wall fan but that will be much more expensive & disruptive. Although not sure of Australian contruction. I am talking in terms of a masonry type wall.

If you use either of the above you will need a gap under the door as what air goes out must come in from somewhere else. If not the fan will just waft air.

Do not bother with recirculation fans, ie pushing air through a filter. Unless it is a very expensive system they do not work.

Just to finish. General conception that ventilation will cool a room. The only way it will do that is by pulling in cooler air. If the air is cooler outside then a reversible fan could help.

Sorry Stefan about the detail just reveling in my architectural career now long gone.

Laurie