WW2 British Tommy Work in progress

S

SteveKeith

That looks amazing. Just wondering, what regiment is he badged to?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks, the regiment I'm depicting is that of the Durham Light Infantry, 50th (Northumbrian) Division. The lettering on the shoulder patches is the last thing to do although I have painted the Divisional patches.

Cheers

Paul

D

dubster72

Just seen this one Paul, and I'm so impressed with your painting skills. You've really captured the look of your subject & he's very lifelike.

Excellent work.

Patrick

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys

I've been incredibly busy with work these past months and haven't really had time to do anything. I do have some time tomorrow so I'll try and shoot both this figure and give a little sneak preview of the Tiger 1 progress.

I'm glad you like the figure. Actually, I've just won another three 120mm figures off eBay - all Verlinden: 1 British Para sniper, 1 British MP directing traffic and another Tommy figure standing. I think I might be doing some figure alts to a couple of these - this could be the start of a large scale diorama.

Cheers

Paul

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi everyone

As promised here's an update on Tommy. Having just photographed him I've noticed there's still some more painting to do eg. highlighting the greens, as well as the obvious lack of regiment name on the shoulder patch.

Because it's taking so long, and I rarely seem to have a minute these days, I thought I 'd give an update so far. Also, I thought I'd sort of kill 2 birds with one stone by showing the progress on the 1/16 RC Tiger (1 late conversion). The Tiger has had a few teething problems with electronics but I've ironed those glitches out now and this beast roars! There's a lot more stuff that I've done to the Tiger - scratch made tools from brass with real wooden handles, I've even managed to source some tiny bolts to fix my side skirts on with!!!...but that's another story

Anyhoo, I hope you like him and what progress I have so far with the Tiger 1. These are really exciting projects for me that I think may come together somehow.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

I'm well impressed by this Paul. There's so much to marvel over, the excellent face painting, how you've shaded the uniform so well & little details like the wood on the rifle go together to make it look so right.

The tiger is looking good too!

Patrick

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Patrick

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm beginning to think that the RC Tiger will be worked into some sort of dio, it may not be with this figure but I think they look good together. I'm beginning to really like the idea of a dio at 1/16 with as much detail as I can get in there. I have a number of 120mm figures now and with some modification I think I can create a suitable setting for my Tiger 1. 1/16 may even become my preferred scale for armour, as 1/32 has become my preferred scale for aircraft.

Cheers mate

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent job Paul, 1st. class in every way, well done.

Cheers,

Ron