Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coming along nicely.
Sorry to hear about the pains. I put mine down the the cold and wet, lucky for me, my fingers are not the worse for me.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Coming along nicely.
Sorry to hear about the pains. I put mine down the the cold and wet, lucky for me, my fingers are not the worse for me.
Ian,
mainly it's my thumb and first two fingers - just enough to prevent me from any useful work with that hand! Not as painful today - but still stiff............
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Back to the bench, hand a bit stiff but working again. I had managed to put down basecoats on both the vampires, and this morning I brush painted the camo on the FB 9
DSCF2410.JPG

The T.11 hasn't fared so well............... the silver isn't good, It's rather lumpy & bumpy - no idea why, the primer was totally dry & clean, and I shook the silver for a long time & it seemed to spray OK. The dayglo panels are OK & I've just rubbed down the worst of the areas, I'll respray, but I don't think it will bear close scrutiny, I just hope that the upper surfaces are presentable.....................
Dave

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking nice Dave. I don't think I've seen many camo' versions.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The T.11 - that's the best it's going to get - to do it any better, I'd have to strip off all the dayglo and take it all back to the bare plastic and start again - I spent several hours doing the masking one-handed, and I'm not going to do that again!
DSCF2411.JPGDSCF2412.JPG
I'm thinking at the moment that the Mig Ammo Silver paint has gone 'off' somehow, the black undercoat was smooth, but rough patches are apparent on drying - anyway, I'll put the bottle aside & get a replacement, before any more silver finishes. I might not even finish this.............................
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Dave looks ok an good to me eps as you only had one had to do it very well done i think
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave looks ok an good to me eps as you only had one had to do it very well done i think
chris
I used about twice as much masking tape, and it took me more than twice as much time than normal, to put the tape on, very frustrating!
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I used about twice as much masking tape, and it took me more than twice as much time than normal, to put the tape on, very frustrating!
Dave
YES Dave it would be very frustrating! an i can imgine how you feel as ive not been allowed to do any modeling for over 3 wks an so bored stiff after my eye op but now ive finished my eye drops i can have a go on tiger which i have today an its bloomin marvalous to be back at the bench but you with only one hand at least you built the model an painted it i dont think i could do that so in my opinion you desverse the dogs for your efforts an determination very well done
ATB chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
No pictures, I've been adding the decals - I've decided to finish the T.11, just to see how it looks - the next pictures will be in the completed section.
Traumatic Event today - I had my hair cut & beard trimmed! Feel very weak now....................
Normally it's every four months or so, but this time, it's been about a year! - a friend comes round, she's not a hairdresser, but she makes a good job of it - we catch up on the births, deaths & marriages of mutual friends - sadly, quite a lot of the second this year, including people who where younger than me - quite disturbing
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Boy, I've hit the brick wall on these! Sat down a couple of times to add more decals, but can't raise the enthusiasm - always seems to be something more interesting to do! Not going to push it, I'll let the mojo return naturally..............:worried:
Dave