Yak triplets

First Name
Mike
These are Mikro-Mir 1/144 Yak UT-1s, they come three in a box including a floatplane version. Great fun to build, the floatplane is out-of-box but I added cockpits to the other two, scratch built the guns on the fighter version, added cylinder fins to the engines and a few other refinements here and there.

M

Mike

How the? What the? How the?

Too many questions. How on earth do you paint the tiny lines? Or the camo?!? Is there a build thread to go with these? It would be fascinating to know how you got these results!

P

Polux

I'm seriously worry....I suppose the humbrol paint is a new one!!! Or you can keep it so clean?!!?!

Lovely planes! You don't have to worry about the space!! :D :D :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Its an illusion really, Mike says there 1/144 but really they be 1/48 and the tin of paint is a 25 litre one.

Outstanding as ever Mike, how they hell you detail something so small is just amazing, great work .

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Mike, just fantastic,that small and so very well done, ;)

First Name
Mike
Thanks for the kind comments

\ said:
How the? What the? How the?Too many questions. How on earth do you paint the tiny lines? Or the camo?!? Is there a build thread to go with these? It would be fascinating to know how you got these results!
Thanks Michael. No online build thread, but my build article is in the current (December) issue of Airfix Model World. The camo was painted with a fine brush using Vallejo acrylics, but the red stripes on the civil aircraft were masked and airbrushed.

D

dubster72

I'm always impressed with your 1/72 scale stuff Mike, but now you're just taking the mick!

Top work!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats just showing off, lol

They are really impressive Mike, I like the very casual way you mention that you 'scratched cockpits and added cooler fins to the cylinders...

Ever considered building an airplane in a bottle... o.O

Ian M

First Name
Mike
\ said:
They are really nice how the hell do you manage to detail them so well at that scale?
Thanks Terry, I couldn't do it without my trusty, chick-magnet Optivisor.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb work Mike , these are tiny little things! the paint jobs are excellent - the red striping must have been very tricky to mask. have you done any of the Sweet 1/144 kits? theyre fantastic too. Great build (x3) cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I give up :smiling3:

They are amazing, you must have good eyes or a good magnifier....or both.

Cheers

Steve

B

BigZimmo

Wow, wow, wow........Mike, I'm always astonished about your modelling work........absolutely great, mate!!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: