Bismarck. Trumpeter 1/200.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This may come as a shock bout The Bismarck is back on the bench. I need a bit of time to sort out where I am at and it will still be a bit as and when but I'm back at it.
Here is a photo and a few comments.

20240831_122801.jpg

The main superstructures are hopefully glued down, along with some small areas of the self adhesive wood decking that had lifted here and there! Apart from the deck houses, there are almost 25 other parts stuck in place.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the mountain of sub-assemblies is getting smaller and the decks busier and busier.
20240901_104423.jpg20240901_104428.jpg20240901_104434.jpg

At the moment I am working through all the parts that can be attached with either TET or PVA. An before I started reviled that the CA wicked into the wooden deck before you could say boo. So all parts that had very little or no plastic to plastic contact got the PVA! As we all know, it sticks well but takes a bit longer! lol.
And Before anyone asks, No I will not be doing the full camouflage job.
Still a good few bits to go on still that are ready and even more still on the sprues! And PE: sigh! loads of it.
Also a good few touch ups to attend to...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is starting to look rather special. Amazing detail at this scale. Glad it's back on the go.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers chaps. This is the first time I have used these wood deck things... Jury is still out at the moment. They Look nice. Mine has lifted a few places, even though the plastice was clean, dry and grease free! The biggest issue is some of the holes don't line up 100% Makes fitting placement a bit of a faff once and a while.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bismarck is looking magnificent. The build looks very clean and the deck does make a difference (despite the adhesion problems). This thread is making me want to start my Bismarck! But I will hold back because I know I will need to devote rather a large amount of time on her (as you have).
Are you fitting deck rails?

I’m glad you’ve picked this up again it looks great and I’m looking forward to seeing this beast finished. It will be very impressive
ATB
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
yes Ian lookin very good build nice an neat like Bob 's ship an i cant remember you doin this but yes be nice to see her finished
ATB SIR
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Need a bit house for a 1/72 Battle cruiser though old chap. LOL
yes Ian you are right there an it was only said in jest but a chap i know on face book called mr gale has just built a 18ft long USS MISSIRO BATTLE SHIP AN WANT TO SELL IT FOR 300 POUNDS SO ONE of my boaty freinds says an he sent me a pic on my phone as how can you cart a 18ft ship around he's crazy as when he used to come up the norwich pond he would bring a whoopin big modle that broke into three parts an he had it on a trailer behind his car im not on F/B but i may jion so i can see some of my models have been posted in there to see whats said
ATB SIR
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No big updates until the forum is moved but I am still at it.
The 40 something sticks which bits on are now empty and the few sprues that are left are almost empty. I have the ships boats to paint and mount then two things I am not looking forward to. The aerial ID markings, or rather the covering of them to be painted on the decks fore and aft, and then the real monster under the bed. The railings. There are hundreds of the darn things!
If this post survives I'll add a few more photos...
20240906_163907.jpg
See you on the other side. comments as alway are welcome

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking great Ian, yes can understand the railings being a lot of fun!!

I have this and a few others inc Hood and Scharnhorst but not going near them for a while especially until we move.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Looking awesome Ian. If I was going to build a boat - Bismarck would be high up there. Such a beautiful looking ship and you have done a brilliant job on this one.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's looking brilliant Colin. A really top quality job.

ATB

Andrew