Boatmans Super Hornet F18/A- F Build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now you guys id like a little help from you all as im undeciced which sqr to do IMG_0215.JPG cant make up my mind should i build the bounty hunters is first pic OR the Diamonbacks plane in the red markins which do you guys like best ? I'LL give it a couple of days till my super hornet book comes on 9 guides to build it
chrisb IMG_0216.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
You should change your name to flyman lol. No floaty thing my friend.

What ever count me in, front seat and bacon roll please

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I'm in for this, grabbed a seat near the radiator..
The Diamondbacks scheme looks the best, so that's my vote. :thumb2:
Did somebody say Bacon butties ????.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm in for this, grabbed a seat near the radiator..
The Diamondbacks scheme looks the best, so that's my vote. :thumb2:
Did somebody say Bacon butties ????.
HI Chris so another diamonbacks build then thank you for your vote an yes Bob did on the bacon butties lol
C

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Another vote for the Diamondbacks.
I hope this build goes a little easier than the last.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not my sort of subject, but I score one for the diamond backs as well. Much more interesting scheme.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Another vote for the Diamondbacks.
I hope this build goes a little easier than the last.
AN HI Ian thank you for your diamondbacks vote so unless there is a land slide vote for the bounty hunters thats the sqr i will attempt to build an yes so do i easyer than the tomcat gets my vote any day but ive been lookin through the kit an i must say im a bit dissappionted in the detail as not much there so im goin to have my work cut out fittin in the detail that i want fittin an working but ive ordered a book on 9 super hornet builds by different moddllers so see how an what ideas they have come up with as i want at least as much workin on this hornet as ive done on the tomcat but in my opinion this kit is not a patch on the tomcat if only that dint have them probs i would have enjoyed the build more anyway see how this one goes
ATB Sir
chrisb
Not my sort of subject, but I score one for the diamond backs as well. Much more interesting scheme.
HI Tim thank you for your vote so diamon backs it will be as yes id sort of convinced myself on them as ive already bought a tin of red humbroll spray but wont start the build for a few days as im doin some research an waiting till my super hornet modeling book turns up should be here tomorrow if postie is on the ball
cheers sir
CHRISB
Put me down for the diamond backs as well.
YES yer vote is taken into account Peter an yes i will be doin them just hope them decals dont let me down as on the smaller kits i only had this trouble once on that ole K/H jag
so will see how it goes but some research firstly an i have still to put on them spruces of the kit as there are a few but not as many as the tomcat
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL GUYS NOW the votein is out of the way an its diamon backs to be built
i will now show the spruces firstly the intruckion booklet an a couple of shots of the inside of the plane IMG_0173.JPGIMG_0183.JPGIMG_0189.JPG

now the parts an there are a few
IMG_0191.JPGIMG_0193.JPGIMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0197.JPGIMG_0196.JPGIMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0197.JPGIMG_0198.JPGIMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0201.JPGIMG_0202.JPGIMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0203.JPGIMG_0204.JPGIMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0207.JPGIMG_0206.JPGIMG_0208.JPGIMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPGIMG_0210.JPGIMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPGIMG_0213.JPGIMG_0214.JPG

WELL THATS all the parts lets just hope i can get a decent diamonback out of it
well on with the build in a few days when ive found out a bit more as was goin to buy the hayens manual but at 17 quid a bit to much for me

chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'll follow your build Chris. Let's hope it gives less problems than the Tomcat.
OK Jim nice to have you along an yes lets hope things go better but this time im goin to dry fit the canopy to make sure it fits but if not then out will come the dremel to make it fit an also i will dry fit the whole fusealarge as im not goin to be caught out this time but still a lot of parts but not as detailed as the tomcat im sad to say
ATB Jim
chrisb

D

Deleted member 6598

The parts certainly look decent enough … now the question is if they’ll also build up well :smiling3: BTW, are those resin pilot figures I see in one of the pictures?