Boatmans Super Hornet F18/A- F Build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This is looking good Chris. You have a lot of patience with those tiny LED
HI Joe thanks my freind yes them TINY led's are a job to fit in the plane lets face it the kit is not made to take them so more difficult to fit them in but im gettin there only about another 6 or so to fit an then i can begin to work out where the tiny eletric plugs can be fitted in the fusalage as i nearly had this prob in the tomcat but its all about just dry fittin the fusalarge to see how much room inside when its closed up an YES PATIENCE is the name of the game im afraid but i love the challenges that come with doin this thanks Joe for havin a look see at the hornet thread
cheers sir
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Some good progress there Chris!
thanks Arnie yes im gettin there but due to the kit not bein made to have led's in it take a fair amount of time to make sure that im fitting them in the right place an at the right angle an then gettin the wires an the big resistor through into the fusalrge so i can fit an wire up all the positive an negative to their right mounts from the main feed plug an this is very time consumein but fun as i enjoy doin this eletrics
cheers
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL WELL THE HORNET build continuses but inm not happy with it as cant make the nodse open an close as the real hinge onthe plane is a weird type of elogated hinge which i cannot copt so im just stickin the nose on an covering the radar up which is a pity IMG_0380.JPGIMG_0375.JPG

an no point painting the radar as it wont be seen what a pity an here also ive built the undercarts with landing lights fitted in soon to be fitted to the plane an im finding that this hornet kit is not as good as the tomcat IMG_0371.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's frustrating, but you're pluggin along nicely, Chris!
thanks Steve yes it is frustratin as i like to get as many thing workin as poss on my models an to me this was a real downer on my opinion of this kit as i thought the tomcat was bad enough but now to have this happen as it would have been nice to be able to see the radar but thats now up the cabose lol an it now makes me wonder what else wont be able to work on this kit
but at least i got the wings ends workin so thats something an nav lights all fitted in now just want to fit lights in the cockpit vid screens then i can proceed with the paintin an buildin of this kit an YES THANKS Steve for your nice comment that im pluggin along nice that will help my mojo recover from the dissopentment of the nose opening
ATB TO YOU SIR AN YOUR WIFE AN FAMILY
chris an jen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Building the kit is a job on its own but adding opening parts and lights makes it ten times more difficult. As you said the kit was never intended to have lights. You're getting there and it's going to look impressive when complete.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Building the kit is a job on its own but adding opening parts and lights makes it ten times more difficult. As you said the kit was never intended to have lights. You're getting there and it's going to look impressive when complete.
HI Jim yes it is a lot of work to add lights an workin parts to the model but i like to add realisum as the real plane has them all an more an i enjoy the challenges of doin so so im a bit dissappinted that i could not get the nose to hinge open an shut but one of those thing i will have to live with but im pleased ive got wings seckoins to fold up an down so i suppoce im winning in a way an the light fitted in but still more to fit an yes lets hope she will look fairly goodwhen its finished but a heck of a lot to do before that gets that far as its goin to be a job gettin all them hair thin wires soldered onto them tiny elec plugs
THANKS JIM for lookin on the build
chrisb