Bobs battles with Photo Etch!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Too kind gentleman. As I keep saying still a way to go. However more confident now and messing about is bringing results.

Learnt a bit watching a Japanese guy on YouTube, thankfully subtitles lol. Never thought of using a glassfibre pen to remove ca!

Next problem is getting the rails both to bend correctly AND the bend in the right place lol.

Much appreciated comments

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Bob

All I can say is that those turrets look the business. Really top notch finishes.

ATB.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nothing wrong with that at all. If you look at Ammo's range they do the lot. CA, in several thicknesses, also a black one, accelerator and debonder. Martin AKA the nightshift on YouTube uses them and the debonder is great for cleaning up.
Brush on accelerator is OK but don't be surprised when you stick the brush to something. been there got the T-shirt.
Sometimes the damage done by clean up is worse than the excess you are trying to remove.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nothing wrong with that at all. If you look at Ammo's range they do the lot. CA, in several thicknesses, also a black one, accelerator and debonder. Martin AKA the nightshift on YouTube uses them and the debonder is great for cleaning up.
Brush on accelerator is OK but don't be surprised when you stick the brush to something. been there got the T-shirt.
Sometimes the damage done by clean up is worse than the excess you are trying to remove.

Hi Ian

Still very much on the experimenting phase, handy hard earned advice, thanks. Have ordered the ammo stuff and have plenty of scrap plastic to practice removing the ca

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Bob, nothing wrong with your work, a couple of tips.
Railings or straight parts. Put a small drop of c/a at one end where you want the (railings) to start. Then line up where the end is going to fit and secure that with a small drop of c/a. Then when you are happy run c/a down the length with a scalpel blade dipped in c/a #10A works best.
Bending - My etch bender is good at collecting dust, I just use a flat one sided blade and a cut down 6 inch metal ruler. You can get the 90 degree bends by folding against the ruler edge.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob, nothing wrong with your work, a couple of tips.
Railings or straight parts. Put a small drop of c/a at one end where you want the (railings) to start. Then line up where the end is going to fit and secure that with a small drop of c/a. Then when you are happy run c/a down the length with a scalpel blade dipped in c/a #10A works best.
Bending - My etch bender is good at collecting dust, I just use a flat one sided blade and a cut down 6 inch metal ruler. You can get the 90 degree bends by folding against the ruler edge.
Thanks much appreciated.

Bob