Clearing a glue bottle "needle".

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL if my glue end gets blocked then i use a big darning needle to shove in the tube end an soon unblocked
chrisb

• Haha
Reactions: JR

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Late to this sticky question, but i keep the bottle up right with out the lid on for a few mins after use, as mentioned it dribbles back in the bottle, also from time to time clean it unblock it, I use the freezer bag ties strip off the plastic/paper coating and its the perfect size.
lastly i generally squirt it on to a glass plate like all my other glues and apply with a cocktail stick for the more precise application.
simon

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I think I've solved the problem - well, it certainly works for me! I made a needle protector by using a clear paintbrush-tip protector with an internal diameter the same width as the housing for the needle, it's longer than the needle itself and the end is plugged with a piece of shaped sprue that can be removed (if necessary) for clearing. This method avoids the build up of cement in the end of the blue 'things' that come with the bottle and are a major cause of blockages, is clear so that any accumulation can be seen, and any accumulation is easily removed! I haven't had any blockages since I made it!
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Matron is adept in the use of such devices I'm led to believe :thinking:
Steve
YES she is Steve HAVE you been on the recevicein end of one of her big blunt needels as she caught me an could not sit down for days LOL an she is a bloomin menace but dont tell her that lol as i dont want another treatment LOL
i dont know why she has to do this to us healthy forum memembers but i think she is just bloody minded Aaaaarrrrccchhhhh an one of the downsides of this wonderfull forum lol
Chrisb

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
WELL if my glue end gets blocked then i use a big darning needle to shove in the tube end an soon unblocked
chrisb
Chris that's a great way , but far better is a flame burns off quickly, and of course is great fun .:nerd:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris that's a great way , but far better is a flame burns off quickly, and of course is great fun .:nerd:
YOU would JR LOL like to do any thing that consists of usein a flame WHATEVER would you do if your matches turn out damp an would not strike ? LOL AN i think Flame is intermeshed in your DNA lol
chrisb

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
YOU would JR LOL like to do any thing that consists of usein a flame WHATEVER would you do if your matches turn out damp an would not strike ? LOL AN i think Flame is intermeshed in your DNA lol
chrisb
I've had damp matches in the past Chris, inc heads that fly off. Tend to use decent matches these days , as nothing worse in repeated attempts to light the wood burner , and of course any dios that needs burnt wood :smiling3: