Doug's 1/48 Airfix Sea King

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I didn't know Chinooks were cleared for water ops - very interesting. Love the extra detail you've added - a very enjoyable build to read Doug, well done!
Not all but some have been treated to allow them to. They can then recover SF inflatables via the ramp. Quite impressive.
Some Sea King pilots trained in Canada to effect water landings. I believe Prince William did the training. However as far as I know, no UK SK were modified for routine water ops.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
And so today children we come to the end of another chapter in the life of a modeller, that lesser known creature of the hump back, with front claws clutching at what seems to be nothing, the bowed head and bulging eyes, then we see it scouring the jungle floor for that evading piece of prey the pingeditoff, itself a creature that can hide right under your nose....
Through all the trials and tribulations of having to balance life at the front, with General SWMBO and her campaign to keep the modeller busy on mundane chores while snatching those few hours working on the bench, with one eye cocked over the shoulder and one ear searching like sonar for her approach and words of wisdom the modeller proceeds through the sprue jungle to finally capture the image and realism of their chosen subject.....

Who writes this rubbish????

What great build Doug, and what an inspiration for future Sea King modellers, myself included....

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
And so today children we come to the end of another chapter in the life of a modeller, that lesser known creature of the hump back, with front claws clutching at what seems to be nothing, the bowed head and bulging eyes, then we see it scouring the jungle floor for that evading piece of prey the pingeditoff, itself a creature that can hide right under your nose....
Through all the trials and tribulations of having to balance life at the front, with General SWMBO and her campaign to keep the modeller busy on mundane chores while snatching those few hours working on the bench, with one eye cocked over the shoulder and one ear searching like sonar for her approach and words of wisdom the modeller proceeds through the sprue jungle to finally capture the image and realism of their chosen subject.....

Who writes this rubbish????

What great build Doug, and what an inspiration for future Sea King modellers, myself included....
I resemble all of your first paragraph Mike. And thank you Mike for your continued presence throughout the build. It's been said over and over on this site but its the memberships continued support and assistance that keeps a person going. It makes us strive to just push ourselves that wee bit further. Thank you my friend. Your offers of help have been most welcome.