Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This looks like a great kit.
Those brackets around the top of the hull, could they also have been used to hold the canvas roof up over the very open hull. I know the Lloyd had them and Universals nearly always had the canvas cover rolled up across the back.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Realistically, I don't expect to make a start until after the Telford show. i think that I may start with what will be the most tedious - those tracks. the links are pinned together with little plastic pins!

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
This looks like a great kit.
Those brackets around the top of the hull, could they also have been used to hold the canvas roof up over the very open hull. I know the Lloyd had them and Universals nearly always had the canvas cover rolled up across the back.
Possibly, but if so I think that it would have been as a field modification rather than issued equipment. As you say they often had tarps rolled at the rear (as with this kit) but I have not seen any references relating to the support frames being part of the equipment of any carrier variant; other than on the short-lived Cavalry Carrier and some in the Far East.

Peter

ps - having posted this I would not be surprised for somebody to post a dozen photos proving me wrong!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter, count me in given your skills this will be an excellent build.