Italeri 1/9 Manx Norton.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Good to see this back John. Glad the skin cancer treatment is done and you're on the road to recovery.
The Norton is looking excellent. I've never built a bike kit but these large scale models certainly look impressive.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A bit more done to the bike. I am now going to address the frame. I really should have done this at the beginning, but better late than never. Firstly the steering head. This has a flange right down the front complete with a lump that you are supposed to put a supplied screw through. As per the outlined part in this photo.
IMG_0813B.JPG
A session with a razor saw and sanding sticks, followed by a good blather of TET gave me this.
IMG_0814A.JPG
This will be hidden when the front no plate/cowling is on, so I could have left it, but I would know it was wrong. I found out something that I had temporarily forgotten. TET will not touch the plastic this kit is made from. When I tried to slide the steering stem up inside the head the front seam that I had just worked on split apart. Back once more to relying on CA. The next job I tackled was the small fillets in the frame to hold the upper retaining bolts for this new style oil tank. These were completely absent on the model. Some plastic card and CA and I had this.
IMG_0815A.JPG
Small but necessary. The indistinct blob in the centre is a 0.8 mm bolt head. This needs tidying up and painting. Then it might look an integral part of the frame.
That is it for now. As usual all comments, good, bad or indifferent gratefully received.
John.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well folks, no update as such. There will be the usual summer recess. Even though I have spent most of my life in this climate (and hotter) the 40c temp and the high humidity are not conducive to sticking plastic. There is no aircon in my modelling room. Besides SWMBO has booked us both on a cruise for 10 days so that is an even better excuse for not doing anything. Hopefully when I return the modelling juices will be in full flow. Until then take care all.
John.