Langy's, Academy 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Good man yerself! I'll send you membership forms - I'll also need your bank account details please......
Is that as well as the monthy cheque ?

And ....... Painted,...(and yes it was with a hairy stick on certain bits)...
added an oil wash to dirty it up a tad...(although the Zero's used at Pearl Harbour were all relatively new so I'm thinking they would show much 'use and abuse'),
As you can see everything is still wet from the oil wash so a bit of clean-up is needed later..

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8165.jpg

IMG_8166.jpg

Also had a play with the cockpit sidewalls,
IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking great Chris. :smiling3:
I've had to use the old manual brush on mine too... but,for me,I prefer that with the ickle bits , ;)
Good stuff Buddy!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Huh, another that doesn't need to join 'The Club' full time........membership application cancelled. :tongue-out3:

A very nice result, Chris.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
A bit more work on the cockpit, some decal work, a few touch ups with paint..(red, yellow and silver bits added to break up the overall 'flat' green colour) and knocked up some seat belts...they're not accurate per se but they look close enough.....I'm now calling this bit done... on to the rest of the build....

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Not too much done today...(Mrs L is abusing the fact it was a bank holiday to drag me all around the local Wickes. B&Q and Screwfix....).. so i just messed around with the various panels that should...(ish) be Aotake coloured...

(for anybody that's gonna be spraying this colour, don't mess around trying to make a mix from silver with clear blue sprayed over the top),
This was straight up Tamiya X-18 metallic blue thinned 50/50 with lacquer thinners...looks pretty close to me, and as I've discovered the Aotake colour turned to a greenish metallic shade after exposure to the elements.. so a newish Zero from Pearl Harbour would be more blue than green..
IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry for my tardiness to this Chris, nice progress so far.... I'll park at the back and follow along if you don't mind. ;)

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
feel free Rick, there's always plenty of room....Keep an eye out for Matron though, I've heard she's taken to doing SAS style raids to check we're not all out of our beds...lol

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Had a play with the engine cowling colour today, another minefield...lol...(it's currently drying...and will need a gloss coat to bring out the shine)... crikey the zoomed image don't half show up any dust on it...
IMG_8193.jpg

Anyhoo, just for Reference, all Mitsubishi Aircraft had a cowling colour that was made up from black with a touch of dark blue added to it,..(I've gone for 10 drops of black and four dark blue)... and the Nakajima zero's were straight up gloss black..