M3A1 BY ILOVE KITS IN 1/35 SCALE LEND LEASE DIORAMA

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Having stripped and replaced a few bits of kit.
2022.jpg
Don't think all will be possibly used, but good practice painting any way.:smiling3:
Note holes, well wires stuck in this time following drilling, once dries I sprayed from underneath black Mr Hobby, nce that was done a coat of white Mr Hobby sprayed from the top down.

Going to leave these to fully harden and dry over night, then some very thin washes of uniform colours , pluss all the other shades of brown you can imagine.

JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Exciting times here at the Towers, managed to get the tank on the dio, Id already done a thin layer of AK still water but removed the first tape .Having allowed the still water to fully dry I added some more edge tape and then sealed the edge.
Note the log supports, I've no idea if these were ever done , but it just adds to the look.
Figures have had the normal black and white treatment and a very thin couple of coats of basic uniform colour of Vallejo . Wasn't happy with the Life Colour, they have wide necked bottles and several that thickened up plus one had dried out. Sent for a AK 3rd Gen Russian uniform set.

2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_6.jpg2022_7.jpg2022_5.jpg2022_10.jpg
Just a thin layer of STILL WATER around the edge.
2022_11.jpg
When this is fully dry, about 2 days then the resin will be mixed and the fun begin.

Comments welcome.

JOHN.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nothing wrong with those log supports… Looks like they were field modified by the troops. can’t wait to see the end of this beauty.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing wrong with those log supports… Looks like they were field modified by the troops. can’t wait to see the end of this beauty.
Thanks Joe, appreciated.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Was more excitement in the post room earlier, but very short lived. :smiling2: I'd been looking fwd to using some AK 3rd Gen Russian ww2 uniform colours unfortunately I received a set of modern camo colours :disappointed:.Oh dear , now waiting to here from the supplier.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Better day paint wise. Seller has now posted the correct paint.
Ready to do the resin, increased the backing to the Tamiya tape with some form board strip using double sided tape .Hopefully to day !

On a sad note Mr Koi has died, normally I wouldn't have any feelings but after having it for over 40 years he will be missed .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking good John. You certainly have a flair for this sort of thing. I like the glazing paint over a black and white base for figures. I've tried it a couple of times and it works well. I think I got the idea from Night Shift.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John. You certainly have a flair for this sort of thing. I like the glazing paint over a black and white base for figures. I've tried it a couple of times and it works well. I think I got the idea from Night Shift.
Thanks Jim, will be able to do the shading when that new paint arrives, hopefully tomorrow.

Looking good John, very realistic too :cool: :thumb2:.
Thanks Andy:thumb2:
As usual super realistic well done John. And sorry for being late at commenting..
No problem Greg always pleased to see a fellow dio builder:nerd:
Fish, dogs, cats, lizards etc - all pets which we love and care for. It's only right that we are sad when they pass. RIP Mr Koi.
Yes agree Jim, won't seem the same when we go out to feed them as he always truned up when we tapped the side .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Going next level Dzohn.
Thanks Paul.
Wobble, that is now looking like a different model. Once the figures are re-done then it will really come to life.
Wibble.
Thanks Wibble, just taking my time for once. New paints should be here tomorrow. Not doing the pour yet as have done a trial mix and have decided that having a butane torch ready might be a good idea.

Now the thought of having an instant fire stick fills me with excitement, you never know what else it might be used for :nerd::tongue-out3:
Wobble .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today the new paint for the figures arrived along with Butane gas and later the torch.
Both the later to be used to remove any bubbles.

I've done a brief test pour with the resin, mainly to get used to the streaking you get with mixing the resin and hardener.
The reflection is of the overhead light 1000001779.jpg1000001780.jpg
Pleased as there were no leaks on the XPS foam .Had to tilt it back and leave it to dry .
Hopefully tomorrow I shall have to heat the cave to 75f to get the resin to set as it does require warmth.
Still plenty to do on the figures , with the new paint having arrived I should get on with
those after the pour .
JR

Last edited: