Macross on Disney

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
To my surprise I discovered that Disney were showing some Macross anime series on their streaming channel here in the UK. Macross Frontier showcases some lovely computer generated animation of the VF-25 Valkyrie. I have seen 1/72 kits for the fighter and am now watching the series where they were introduced.
There is also Macross Delta, now I'm feeling spoilt.

This makes me wonder if Disney are going to purchase the franchise and make live movies like they did after the initial success of Marvel Movies?

If they do go down that road, they must include BattleTech with it's rich background storyline.

Just wishful thinking from my side...

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The bulk of the Valkyrie kits that I have built thus far are of the earlier VF-1 type. Still more to come, though I do have a VF-19 prototype in my stash as well as a VF-1 e-lint variant and armoured Battroid VF-1 's. Plenty of fun in the tank.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Okay, so now I'm hearing Minmay singing 'We can win' in my head.

Thanks for that

Hmm, maybe, maybe, we'll get a remake of the original series some time. I mean, how many times has there been a 'Yamato' remake. Not including 'Starblazers'...

Okay, a decent live action remake of 'Do You Remember Love.' I can dream... Don't Macek and Harmony Gold still own 'Robotech'?

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Personally, I do think the singing bit is a bit overdone, probably unique to the Robotech/Macross genre, but I do like the fighters and mecha.

Here are a couple of the kits that I have and have built. There are more.
Destroid.jpg
Box.JPG
hsgmc02_0.jpg
hsgmc03_0.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Now you can see why I like them.

Till later.

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
A live action version of this and BattleTech would be awesome!!

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
There was a Battletech cartoon back in the mid-nineties, about the same time as all the legal brouhaha was getting going about who owned what. Which was only finally resolved a couple of years ago

Of course tho', a live-action series would need six different actresses, in the same red wig, to play Natasha Kerensky... Isn't that part of the lore? Haha

Snowman

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Now we don't want a deep dive into rivet counting, just asking for some well financed and scripted live actioned movies. Oh yes, and keep the models kits rolling.
The mega fan boys on FB is bad enough.