Mick’s Ducati 888 superbike racer Tamiya 1/12

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
What kind of nonsense is this, Mick!!! It's getting real interesting now and you want to just jet off on holiday for 2 weeks??? Is there no justice in the world???......Oh sorry, I forgot old people need a holiday every so often!!!......

Have fun, Enjoy them and relax my friend. Oh, and like I said to Geoff, only order the Pina Coladas with the umbrellas in them. You don't need sunburnt fingers when you get back home and continue with this great build........

Prost
Allen
Great work Mick and enjoy your holiday.
Nice updates Mick enjoy your time off.
Looking excellent mick , enjoy your holiday ( although you probably wont see this post till you come back ! ) cheers tony
Well I’m back and apologies all round for going away at a crucial time, I will knuckle down now I promise

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
More progress made but this really is a steep learning curve. I’ve fitted more pipes to the engine, radiator on, built a swing arm apparently and got the exhaust together. This has some decals which look like carbon fibre to go on.
IMG_3388.jpeg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nights finished and as it’s my birthday I allowed myself some desk time. Front forks and handlebars on and started with some of the pipes. Not happy with the colour of the forks though. Paint mixed as per the instructions but as swmbo pointed out it doesn’t look anything like the box art. Better decide soon or it will be too late to do anything.
IMG_3391.jpeg

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Happy Birthday Mick. :smiling3:

With the forks, my go to to achieve the right colour is LP48 sparkling silver base, overcoated with clear orange. I find this gets a more realistic, ,metallic looking finish.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Happy birthday for yesterday. I'm rather late to this build - sorry. I've never built a large scale motorbike but the ones I've seen make stunning models. Looks like you're well into this. Very neat build so far. Strange about chromed parts needing painting, perhaps just to fill a sprue?

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Happy Birthday Mick. :smiling3:

With the forks, my go to to achieve the right colour is LP48 sparkling silver base, overcoated with clear orange. I find this gets a more realistic, ,metallic looking finish.
One to use for the future Bob, thank you. I went with greedy gold over my first attempt and doesn’t look too bad. I’m really enjoying this trip out of my comfort zone

Happy birthday for yesterday. I'm rather late to this build - sorry. I've never built a large scale motorbike but the ones I've seen make stunning models. Looks like you're well into this. Very neat build so far. Strange about chromed parts needing painting, perhaps just to fill a sprue?
Many thanks Jim, this is my first large scale one and it’s be more enjoyable than I imagined