Neil's Italeri 1/35 LCVP Landing Craft

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well patience isn’t my strong suit but I had other things to do so the glue had plenty of time to dry, and it seems to have worked.

View attachment 512659

I thought about trying to fabricate 4 identical bolts and then I thought ‘sod it , I’ll print them’- that way they will definitely be identical, even when they are handed.

View attachment 512660

Printing them also meant that I could rescale them when they proved to be too big... :rolling:
And the carpet monster claimed one of the eyes for the drawbridge cable, so I created one of those too and printed a pair of them.

View attachment 512661

So back to the front, as it were,

View attachment 512662

Inspired by @scottie3158 I added extra bolt heads (which I 3D printed, of course) and weld seams- I reckon my guy would be kicked out of welding school, but hey ,there's a war on you know. And I bent the angle irons as per the image as well.
There’s also bling along the bottom , but whether that will be seen under the water in the diorama is a moot point ( especially as it's a bit higgledy piggledy).
So that’s all for now, thanks for following
Neil
Neil, this is really looking the part. I will have to look into this printing malarkey.

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Not in my wheelhouse but looking very detailed and professional. The ability to print various bits and bobs when needed is certainly a big advantage for you.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I have now built all the sub-assemblies and primed them with Halfords rattle can grey . I then pre-painted them in the colours I believe to be the raw materials i.e. plywood , timber, steel, rusty steel and bronze(rudder and propeller and wheel)

IMG_20240628_165125226.jpg

IMG_20240628_165428137.jpg

The next job is to hairspray the life out of it all!
AND I forgot to mask that dial again! I don’t know why I am worried-it’s going to be hidden by the coxswain figure anyway.
that’s all for now
Cheers
Neil

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Interesting painting technique. I'm excited to see what it looks like when it's finished.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Afternoon all.
I am relieved to be able to announce that my first ever foray into the hairspray technique has not crashed and burned!
I wanted to do the hull before it was attached to anything so that by turning it upside down I could get straight horizontal scrape lines.

IMG_20240629_155544366.jpg

IMG_20240629_155607216.jpg
I used a number of processes, from a wet regular cotton bud, wet pointy cotton bud(Tamiya) to a plastic pointy thing, a cocktail stick and a couple of coloured pencils, black & brown.
I may yet add some washes, but the next step is to airbrush the tide mark, as below

color-photos-d-day-wwii-1.jpg
that will be a new experience as well.....
cheers for now
Neil