Ron's Tamiya Marder I

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow Ron, that's a really nice job on this kit so far!!! You gotta love one of Alfred Becker's first big projects. How does the Tamiya kit build up? Any probs? I've had two kits of this baby, one from RPM and one from Ironsides. Never built either of 'em and sold them. Then I snagged a Schmitt/Airmodel resin kit and one day, I'll get the chance to build it...

Right now, I'll just sit back and watch you build yours though. Hope all is well with you and yours, over in the colonies Buddy...

Prost
Allen
Ah, Mr. Dewire ! Is he Man... Or perhaps only a fabled character...borne out of Legend and Lore ?
We may never know.... The Tamiya kit is a pleasure, Allen. I had bought Indy metal tracks for it, built one side and they were so small that they were prone to kinking and buckling, like a fine bracelet. So went with the kit tracks which I think are Mmm-MWAHHH (Chef's Kiss) !!
'

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Yep Dave, my thoughts exactly. I'm one of those weirdos who love to see the un-painted state of modelworks that are beyond box-stock. Glad you like it !
Love it Ron ,can't think who Richard? maybe but he was saying he never seems to finish what he starts ,strange one but some of the 72nd builds ive done with lots of parts and etch ive no desire to paint them but consider them finished ive enjoyed what ive done and have no reservations about walking away. Dave

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Love it Ron ,can't think who Richard? maybe but he was saying he never seems to finish what he starts ,strange one but some of the 72nd builds ive done with lots of parts and etch ive no desire to paint them but consider them finished ive enjoyed what ive done and have no reservations about walking away. Dave
Dave, back 20+ years ago I had a great Modeler friend who immensely enjoyed the painting aspect but not-so-much the construction. Me being the opposite, well, I suppose one could say it was a match meant to be lol !! I'd build them (admittedly, mostly box-stock) and then just send them to him to finish them up. Man, I miss those times...

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well done on the work so far, and the kit tracks do the job.
Sitting next to Youngerthanme (Allen) to share his biscuits.....
Thanks Mike I'm glad to have your favour. Yeah In the end I only used the Indy links as spares. Probably a first for me. Better to keep your mitts away from Allen's biscuits (am I alone here in reading something rather... unsavory in that phrase?) Or at least wear welders gloves, I've heard somewhere that he bites...