Scotties Humber lll

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh no he's back again already I hear you cry. This time I have the Bronco, Humber Armoured Car Mk lll. I was going to do this for the D Day build but it appears it wasn't used the MklV was however. For a smallish model just over 13cm the large box is packed with plastic. The kit contains no fewer than 15 tan coloured sprues, 1 sprue moulded in green of personal equipment, 2 etch frets, 1 clear and a small decal sheet giving 3 options for Europe, Italy and Tripoli.

DSCF4412.JPG

DSCF4413.JPG
DSCF4414.JPG
DSCF4415.JPG
DSCF4416.JPG
DSCF4417.JPG

The Humber Armoured car was produced up until the end of the war but was still in use with many countries until the 60's. All Humber cars were 4x4 but could be switched to 2 wheel drive which was the norm. It was powered by a 90HP 6 cylinder petrol engine. It's primary role was reconnaissance in all theatres other than the eastern front. It was fitted with a larger turret to accommodate a 3rd crewman to operate the radios. It was armed with a 15mm BESA Cannon and a 7.92 BESA machine gun. These were sometimes removed and fitted with dummy guns to accommodate another radio.

Hope you can join me along the way.

Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
There certainly is a lot of plastic for such a small model. Lets hope the high parts count equates to great detail and not just lots a fiddly bits. Whatever the case I'm sure we're in for a treat. Nice to see personal equipment included. Do you intend to source figures?

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
OOB or not OOB - that is the question!!

As it's a 'Scottie' build methinks we know the answer!!!!

Whichever he decides, I'm sure we will be in for a treat. :thumb2: :smiling5:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh no he's back again already.......
Sorry but you know what they say about bad pennies :tongue-out3:
There certainly is a lot of plastic for such a small model. Lets hope the high parts count equates to great detail and not just lots a fiddly bits. Whatever the case I'm sure we're in for a treat. Nice to see personal equipment included. Do you intend to source figures?
Jim, there is and should make for a nicely detailed build. I have some figures that I can use. I just need to have a think about what sort of scene I intend.
OOB or not OOB - that is the question!!

As it's a 'Scottie' build methinks we know the answer!!!!

Whichever he decides, I'm sure we will be in for a treat. :thumb2: :smiling5:
Doug, this really should be mostly OOB as it seems to be quite detailed but I might find something :tongue-out3:

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm in.

15 sprues plus your usual sprinkling of scratchmongery, this will have an epic parts count by the time you're finished!

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Count me In, Paul. Hoping that you're providing better concessions than your last recent show. Left a bit to be desired. Just so's you know....;)

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Partly, that’s because it has a full interior :smiling3:
very true mate.
I'm in.

15 sprues plus your usual sprinkling of scratchmongery, this will have an epic parts count by the time you're finished!
Andy, given the detail hopefully I won't have a lot to do.
Ruck On, Scottie/Paul!
Cheers Steve.
Count me In, Paul. Hoping that you're providing better concessions than your last recent show. Left a bit to be disired. Just so's you know....;)
Ha ha Ron, sorry I will try harder mate.
I'm in , always love a Scottie masterclass
Cheers Mick I will try not to disappoint.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have made a start. This is very well detailed but so many parts and they are tiny. A sharp blade and snips is a must.

DSCF4419.JPG

DSCF4420.JPG

The engine is not for the faint hearted. the radiator is held in place by two very thin struts and the hoses with no real location holes. In the end I drilled the hoses out and put some 0.3 mm wire in to hold the joints while they set and give them some handling strength. The only addition is some HT Leads.

DSCF4422.JPG

And the hose on top was replaced with copper wire as the kit one snapped.

cheers
Scottie

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
My god not you again!!

All was a treat to see your work Paul.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
I do like this little WWII armoured cars - a great subject.

Great stuff thus far, that engine looks like it'll be a cracker under some paint.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'm always in for British armour Paul, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry guys that it took so long to reply.

Oh what a lucky model to have you showcasing it!
Will be watching as always:thumb2:

Jim.
Jim it's good to see you again mate it's been a while.
My god not you again!!

All was a treat to see your work Paul.
Fraid so mate there is no escape lol.
I do like this little WWII armoured cars - a great subject.

Great stuff thus far, that engine looks like it'll be a cracker under some paint.
Arnold, I like them as well I have already build a Humber Mkl
I'm always in for British armour Paul, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Cheers Graeme hope I don't disappoint.