SOVIET T12 MEDIUM TANK HobbyBoss 1/35

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Your venture into oils is paying off, it looks great. I do find them very forgiving. Great work.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave, I can see no reason for that hole in the deck, must be an error by Hobby Boss.
Loving the colour .

In fact there is very little information in any of my books on Russian Tanks apart from the fact they had funds to build 30 after having decided to upgrade the T18. The prototype suffered many flaws and was eventually re designed as the T24.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Your venture into oils is paying off, it looks great. I do find them very forgiving. Great work.
Funnily enough Colin I tried a few panels on the underside with the oils and decided not to give them up but try them on something else ,everything on the build has been done with just the tamiya panel line accent colour (brown)ive never panel lined with it but love the way I can change the tone of the paint with it. Most modeling products I never seem to make them work as intended they make it look easy on YouTube I just find my own tin pot way of getting some form of result with them. My biggest nemesis being decals ive bought every decal setter/shrinker/fixer/what ever ,brand known to man and I still go back to the Vallejo ones I purchased double figure years ago if it wasn't for decals I'd build one of the many aircraft in the stash. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave, I can see no reason for that hole in the deck, must be an error by Hobby Boss.
Loving the colour .

In fact there is very little information in any of my books on Russian Tanks apart from the fact they had funds to build 30 after having decided to upgrade the T18. The prototype suffered many flaws and was eventually re designed as the T24.
Thanks for looking in to it John as I said even shows it on the painting call out , when I built it I went back through the instructions several times to make sure I hadent missed anything ,still you know me it can bloody well stay there good enough for hobbyboss good enough for me.Dave

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst working on the little top turret it flew off the little croc clip I was using and hit the hard floor with a right clatter:poop:I thought bet that snapped off the MG but no all was good20240718_202453.jpg
Daughter holding for pic before the comments about my choice of nail colour start to arrive
20240718_202536.jpg
It was then I noticed it hadent survived the fall
20240718_202747.jpg
The bloody hinge bracket thingy had departed somewhere on the floor ,you all know that feeling ,taking off my reading glasses and sitting back in the chair letting out a long breath whilst looking at the floor thought no it cant be so threatening the dog with certain death if it even moved pressed my finger over the miniscule object picking it up embedded in my finger gently deposited it in the pallet
20240718_202758.jpg
So jammy or Eagle eyes wich ever its now back in place. Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Whilst working on the little top turret it flew off the little croc clip I was using and hit the hard floor with a right clatter:poop:I thought bet that snapped off the MG but no all was goodView attachment 514484
Daughter holding for pic before the comments about my choice of nail colour start to arrive
View attachment 514485
It was then I noticed it hadent survived the fall
View attachment 514486
The bloody hinge bracket thingy had departed somewhere on the floor ,you all know that feeling ,taking off my reading glasses and sitting back in the chair letting out a long breath whilst looking at the floor thought no it cant be so threatening the dog with certain death if it even moved pressed my finger over the miniscule object picking it up embedded in my finger gently deposited it in the pallet
View attachment 514487
So jammy or Eagle eyes wich ever its now back in place. Dave
Can just imagine you sitting there in disbelief when that happened. I normally move the chair and then stand on the part, so you did well Dave.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Blimy this 35th stuff drags on just as I think that will do i think what about a little bit of that or this and so it goes on(and on and on)I dont want to drop off and do something else because its doubtfully I'd ever come back and finish it. Still got the front bit to do ,haven't a clue what the hole is all about but shows it even on the painting guide. Top and rear about done
View attachment 514372
View attachment 514373
View attachment 514374
View attachment 514375
View attachment 514376
So not too much now finish the front and turret(s) then the tracks I hate painting tracks.
Dave
That's why 35th scale modellers can be noted at a distance, they all have hump backs from all that time spent on the bench... And despite your claim it goes on and on and on your finish is really superb.

D

Deleted member 6598

I normally move the chair and then stand on the part
That’s why, when I drop something to the floor, I take care to not move my feet or my chair, and begin by looking at the floor like that. Then carefully stand up, not moving my feet again, and lift my seat up and move it back. Then carefully step away and then search the ground on hands and knees … And still I frequently don’t find the part at all :sad:

• Haha

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Can just imagine you sitting there in disbelief when that happened. I normally move the chair and then stand on the part, so you did well Dave.
That’s why, when I drop something to the floor, I take care to not move my feet or my chair, and begin by looking at the floor like that. Then carefully stand up, not moving my feet again, and lift my seat up and move it back. Then carefully step away and then search the ground on hands and knees … And still I frequently don’t find the part at all :sad:
I suppose I'm lucky in that we've hard floor in the dining room making retrieval of awol part slightly easier ,I'm not a big tweezer fan much preferring to gently pick the part with the tip of a new/newish scalpel blade sounds savage but if sharp you hardly have to touch the part to pic it up no one has ever said what are all thoes strange stab marks ,I also use one of thoes white pencils with the waxy middle bit I think marketed by ultimate ,always working over a sheet/s of printer paper if the part drops its easy to see ,and it does just drop unlike tweeers wich are capable of launching into the next dimension ,but how many times have you searched to no avail only to notice the offending piece inches from where your working. Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The carpet monster must have been sleeping today mate, glad you found the bit.

• Haha

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
That is the best position to hit the back of your head on the underside of the bench. Searching for parts, I have leaned to start at the door, how the part gets there is beyond me, but I have found a few on their way out the door....

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
That is the best position to hit the back of your head on the underside of the bench. Searching for parts, I have leaned to start at the door, how the part gets there is beyond me, but I have found a few on their way out the door....
The hard floor has a acoustic advantage part usually gives a ping from the direction it landed ,trouble now ive lost my favourite tool for finding missing parts she's starting her last year at uni now but the promise of 50p/pound would produce the best thorough search untill piece was found if I got down there now to look id never bloody get back up again ,small tip to thoes with hard floor I put my lamp on the floor on its side to shine across the floor you'd be surprised something you couldn't see casts a shadow.
I can remember giving up on apiece of lost etch gutted as no plastic alternative was thinking of restashing the whole thing ,packing the shopping in asda only to find the offending piece attached to the sleeve of my jumper. Dave