Stefee's 1/24 Tamiya Castrol Toyota TOM'S Supra GT

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's looking pretty good despite all the decal problems. I'm not a huge fan of their decals either...... Certainly in the planes and tank I have done, far too thick!

Good luck with the rest of the build.

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
I'm not a huge fan of their decals either...... Certainly in the planes and tank I have done, far too thick!

Too thick you say, that makes perfect sense regarding non conformance to the surface contours even when soaked. I shall go with that explanation instead of blaming my technique!!!!
Let's hope the 2k clearcoat can help hide the "irregularities".

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Too thick you say, that makes perfect sense regarding non conformance to the surface contours even when soaked. I shall go with that explanation instead of blaming my technique!!!!
Let's hope the 2k clearcoat can help hide the "irregularities".

They are ridiculously thick..... As people far more experienced than me can testify..... Every forum I have been on has repeated complaints about them.

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Well everything that needed to be white/decaled and/ or gloss has been done. The 2k clear has helped to lessen the decal disasters thankfully.
Off into the airing cupboard, after off gassing the solvents overnight, for 11 days to fully cure whilst in hopefully sunnier and drier climes.
Probably the last post for a while but will try to follow the builds if the hotel WiFi is good enough.1000021777.jpg