Tamiya 1/35 M4A3 Sherman

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
So having overcome a saggy track issue, along with replacing the decal that fell to bits - this is where I am now.

IMG-9603.jpg

IMG-9604.jpg

I need to weather the top of the hull, paint and attach the stoawage, and paint the crew... So not too much then :smiling: The crew should be fun as I've not painted these types of figures before.

Overall though I'm pretty pleased with it - even if I did make one slight error with one of the tracks.

Cheers!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking pretty good. Since these are soft-plastic tracks, you can just take it off again, probably best done by pulling off the drive sprocket or idler wheel with the track around it, and then put it back on the right way round.

You also forgot to paint the track-adjusting wrench on the engine deck and the tanker’s bar, that’s the long crowbar along the right edge of the hull, outboard of the pickaxe handle. The square cross-section bit at the back is the socket it fits into, and so is part of the tank, but at the front end the square bit is part of the tool. All but the tip of it would be bare steel (the tip is held in another little socket).

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good. A nice clean build.

ATB.

Andrew

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Arnold, take a breath, nothing wrong with your build.
One comment - give the tools metal areas a rub with some lead powder - take an old brush and cut it down to about 5mm, then sand a lead pencil onto some wet n dry paper to get the powder, dip the brush in and gently rub over the metal areas, that will tone down the silver...

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Arnold, take a breath, nothing wrong with your build.
One comment - give the tools metal areas a rub with some lead powder - take an old brush and cut it down to about 5mm, then sand a lead pencil onto some wet n dry paper to get the powder, dip the brush in and gently rub over the metal areas, that will tone down the silver...
I’ve leaned something new and haven’t event taken the dog for walkies yet!!! :thumb2: :smiling2: