Tim’s Hobbyboss 1/48 Fleet Air Arm Avenger MkI

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Brilliant work Tim. I do love the masking of the cockpit - so crisp and neat. :thumb2:
Masking like that is actually quite easy with Eduard mask sets Doug. I place them with tweezers to get them accurate. The cost is minimal compared to the time saved. I also find it easy to mask the transparency before fitting it to the model.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Masking like that is actually quite easy with Eduard mask sets Doug. I place them with tweezers to get them accurate. The cost is minimal compared to the time saved. I also find it easy to mask the transparency before fitting it to the model.
Thanks Tim, that's useful to know. (too late for the Sea King but possibly my next attempt). :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Tim, that's useful to know. (too late for the Sea King but possibly my next attempt). :thumb2:
There are other companies making masks Doug, but I find the masking material used by Eduard works best for me.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well, I’ve finally got to the end of the plastic bit…..just need paint, decals, and assembly……what could possibly go wrong!

View attachment 485920
Next up…..mask the airframe fuselage ready for primer….

Just had a catch-up Tim. That's coming on nicely despite the problems you've had.

Also nice to see that I'm not the only person to use random offcuts of wood and blue tac to put parts on for spraying!

Hope you manage to see it through to the end.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just had a catch-up Tim. That's coming on nicely despite the problems you've had.

Also nice to see that I'm not the only person to use random offcuts of wood and blue tac to put parts on for spraying!

Hope you manage to see it through to the end.

ATB.

Andrew
I’ll get to the end Andrew. Too much time in this to not do so now. The offcuts have been around for an age, and were actually chopped up from bits I had lying about just for this sort of use. I have half a drawer full of bits and bobs of various types stockpiled for various jobs. Biro tubes mounted on blocks are great for mounted troops, and lolly sticks are great for things like shields and 15mm chaps…..empty Tamiya bottles are good for larger figures….etc….they don’t eat anything so why throw them out if you have room….

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I’ll get to the end Andrew. Too much time in this to not do so now. The offcuts have been around for an age, and were actually chopped up from bits I had lying about just for this sort of use. I have half a drawer full of bits and bobs of various types stockpiled for various jobs. Biro tubes mounted on blocks are great for mounted troops, and lolly sticks are great for things like shields and 15mm chaps…..empty Tamiya bottles are good for larger figures….etc….they don’t eat anything so why throw them out if you have room….

I don't have have a drawer full but I do have a reasonable selection... Although I use thinnish dowling rather than biros!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a catch up Tim....
Looking good mate,BUT,one thing I would say is.....PULL YOUR FINGER OUT .... ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just had a catch up Tim....
Looking good mate,BUT,one thing I would say is.....PULL YOUR FINGER OUT .... ;)
Thanks mate. Digitus extractus should be underway over the next few days….hoping to at least get primer and interior green in the required places by then. Mojo isn’t helped by the fact that I am supremely bored by this build now…..so I have to take it slowly to avoid cutting corners.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Mojo isn’t helped by the fact that I am supremely bored by this build now…..so I have to take it slowly to avoid cutting corners.
That often happens with builds. God knows why. You've made such a good job of this so far that digit out is the only way to go.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Still slowly extracting the digit……
Now masked, primed, and pre shaded…..

6D000EF0-A56A-4C3C-8023-04AD758609A2.jpeg
88E39248-5C7A-4AD6-93A7-0EACA37F8492.jpeg
Should start getting colour on it this week…..I can do the underside, just got to wait for the top coat colours to come from John……

Like Staus Quo though, this goes on, n, on, n, on, n, on, n, on, n, on, n, on….

In fact, it’s taking me so long these two have now grown up…..
50AE68DE-370C-4D90-BB06-B33D0830CA65.jpeg