Valentine Mk 1 1/35 scale AFV CLUB AF 35178.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi John

Just had a catch up.

That really is looking excellent. Absolutely top notch work my friend.

Very well done indeed!!!

ATB

Andrew

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Just had a catch up John, very impressive work, the water does look very good, but not for swimming!

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Who is going to give you the award i would but our dogs lost his well they weren't lost exactly a vet stole them. Super smashing great well done buddy looking forward to the final touches. Dave
Glad you like it Dave, feel for the old dog.
Looks great John. Really toxic looking pool…..
Cheers Tim.
Blimey John that's stonkingly good!
Many thanks Neil .
Hi John

Just had a catch up.

That really is looking excellent. Absolutely top notch work my friend.

Very well done indeed!!!

ATB

Andrew
Cheers Andrew.

This is looking very, very good, John. It will be amazing when finished.
John.
Thanks John, I do hope so after today's sanding !

Wobble,
What a credit to you, excellent build and carried out with finesse.
Many thanks Mike, surprised you didn't hear the swearing this morning when I dropped the whole piece on the floor , broke off the turret. ! :crying:
Just had a catch up John, very impressive work, the water does look very good, but not for swimming!
Hi and thanks Graeme, not certainly not .

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As I said the Wibble above while sanding the Tamiya tape off I dropped the whole thing on the floor !!!!!!
Saw the the turret had broken in three, luckily I'd not gone mad with the glue when assembling.
For some unknown reason the Tamiya tape which in the past has peeled off with out any great difficulty decided to stick to the resin.
After sanding by hand and getting nowhere fast out came to Bosch orbital sander , this managed slightly better.

In the end I used my Bosch jigsaw to remove a complete edge, it cut through the resin well and no doubt because I've had years of use with power tools I managed it well .Not some thing for a beginner to attempt.
Following a sanding of the surface around the tank I made up a final batch of resin, just 30 ml resin and 10 ml hardener. Strange to watch a sanded surface turn into a clear shinny surface. I let the resin flow over the front edge and made sure the front surface of the resin was fully coated as well .Left on some paint drying supports, covered with the bucket and after an hr looked to check for bubbles. None , looked good .
Tomorrow the check !

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OLE butter fingers strikes again lol sorry john could not resist it but hope it turn out ok as that was a very good dio
CHRISB

• Haha

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OLE butter fingers strikes again lol sorry john could not resist it but hope it turn out ok as that was a very good dio
CHRISB
Butter fingers alright Chris, mind when it fell it was one one side being sanded on the front curve, " just jumped out of my grip sir "

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Now that's a craftsman for you! Fingers crossed for the resin edge, John.
If it works,it might be worth doing intentionally next time you do a dio with water at the edge ...
I've always found the way the meniscus builds up against the fence of the pour detracts from the realism. Sounds to me like you have probably trimmed it off which will make the whole thing look a lot better in my humble opinion

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
As I said the Wibble above while sanding the Tamiya tape off I dropped the whole thing on the floor !!!!!!
Saw the the turret had broken in three, luckily I'd not gone mad with the glue when assembling.
For some unknown reason the Tamiya tape which in the past has peeled off with out any great difficulty decided to stick to the resin.
After sanding by hand and getting nowhere fast out came to Bosch orbital sander , this managed slightly better.

In the end I used my Bosch jigsaw to remove a complete edge, it cut through the resin well and no doubt because I've had years of use with power tools I managed it well .Not some thing for a beginner to attempt.
Following a sanding of the surface around the tank I made up a final batch of resin, just 30 ml resin and 10 ml hardener. Strange to watch a sanded surface turn into a clear shinny surface. I let the resin flow over the front edge and made sure the front surface of the resin was fully coated as well .Left on some paint drying supports, covered with the bucket and after an hr looked to check for bubbles. None , looked good .
Tomorrow the check !
You could have heated it up with your bunson burner.... :surprised:

• Haha

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now that's a craftsman for you! Fingers crossed for the resin edge, John.
If it works,it might be worth doing intentionally next time you do a dio with water at the edge ...
I've always found the way the meniscus builds up against the fence of the pour detracts from the realism. Sounds to me like you have probably trimmed it off which will make the whole thing look a lot better in my humble opinion
Thanks Neil, think its a good idea,. The photos will prove you point.

You could have heated it up with your bunson burner.... :surprised:
Wibble I'm being very careful with the use of FIRE on this.:smiling:

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning people.

First the turret, , yet to be reglued.

2022_5.jpg
Now the actual base .

2022_2.jpg2022_4.jpg
Ops can see an off cut on that pad, off to remove it. Done that's a relief.

2022.jpg
Hopefully this last pour is it. Strange stuff you mix exactly as required as it just sits there, suddenly the chemical reaction takes place and it goes solid. Hopefully !!!

Off to the green house now, bye.

John.

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

Staff member
SMF Supporter