Valerons Mk. A Whippet - Meng 1/35 scale

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Will join the gang Mike , of course I'm looking fwd Not;) to those tracks. Send a shiver down my back at the thought of doing any track apart from Fruil.
Bet you have no problem following those photos of the build so far.

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I've completed the main parts now and primed them. I've just got to decide on the colour now as I've seen so many interpretations of the Green/Brown colour used for this and other WW1 tanks.

I've primed with a rattle can but will be brush painting as I don't have an Airbrush.

I've also removed the exhausts, which I'd previously added, for now so I can work on them separately.

Most of the detail of the rollers will be hidden under the tracks when they're added to the model.

1000017319.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chair pulled up I have built a couple of meng kits and found them pretty good. Your doing a great job of this one.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely so far! That is a lot of wheels though!

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Finally got a bit of bench time and made some progress. I gave a single brush coat of Olive drab to the various components and then attached them. Once this had dried fully, I'll do more brush painting of the same colour and then probably apply a light brown wash or something like that.

I've also started on the tracks. So far so good they're cleaning up and clicking together nicely. I have 68 per track so it is going to be slow probably quite a dull task, but the tank needs its tracks.

1000017575.jpg

1000017576.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely indeed!