1/32 Nieuport 28C-1 Roden

T

treyzx10r

Keeping the mojo going with something new to my modeling experience. This is a build for a friend who will be building a 1/4 scale rc version of this subject and wanted this for motivation. The kit looks pretty clean and flash free. The office is the usual starting point so here goes.

The IP is very basic and despite the fact that it will be near impossible to see I could'nt help doing it up a bit

The fuselage lacks any kind of locating pins so alignment is vague at best,adding the bottom wing helps somewhat hold it in place

The fit is nice with very little gap any where

Adding just the upper center supports at this time,the outer wing struts are left a natural wood color so I decided to add those toward the end of the build to ease things

The prop is something new for me being a natural wood finish. I decided to use enamels and based it with 3 different shades ,after they set a bit I used slow thinner on a wide brush and blended them to get a faux wood grain.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great start Trey, very nice work on the cockpit and the prop turned out great , real nice color to it well done :rolleyes:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A departure from your normal builds Trey, looking good and it's nice to see you back on the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful work Trey, all coming together beautifully.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, wonderful work Trey, your mate is going to be very happy indeed.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice tidy paint job Trey. Quite an unusual scheme, should look striking once completed.

P

Polux

Yep! Looks a very clean and tidy build.

Excellent work so far ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice paint work, and so neat and tidy :D

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Trey nice camo.

L

Laurie

Very unusual Trey. Nice clean crisp paint work I like that.

Think this is one that will sit centre stage on the shelf.

Laurie

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for the kind words Fellas! The decal session went decent and they settled in nicely after hitting them with some Solvaset. The only snag was the blue stripes on the cowl were too short and I had to hand paint the ends , small pice to pay for an otherwise flawless set of water transfers. Next up the dreaded rigging!

cheers Trey

W

Willi262

Very colorful!

I rather like the wood finish for the prop. Very realistic.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
All's looking good Trey love the decals and a great recovery with the stripes.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Trey

Magnificent stuff! The cockpit detail, the paint finish, the wood finish on the prop - all wonderful.

This build is actually making me want to finish the 2 Fokker 1s which are still on my bench!!!

Keep up the great work Trey, seeing this finished will most probably tip me over the edge and I'll be back in my WW1 groove!

Brilliant work

Cheer

P