1/32 Trumpeter Messerschitt Me262 A-1a

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking job Barry. Great finish on it. I like it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
It's a beast of a jet at 1/32 Barry and I think you've done a cracking job despite the fit issues, believe me I know what it's like as am having the same trouble with dragons A1a/U4 version it's been a real pig.
Love the paint job, did you have an option to have the gun bay open or had you had enough at that point?

Cheers

Phil
Yes Phil it is an option but I love that sleek look of the 262 and really did not want open panals detracting from its lines. I am not one for having lots of open panels, an open cockpit is usually enough for me. When I do my Mossies though the bomb bays will definately be open!!!

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
cracking work the painting and weathering is top quality

D

Doug Hughes

That's a great build of a beautiful aircraft, Barry - no sign of the build issues that I can see.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This big problem, the step, was a puzzle as I have not see it mentioned in reviews
Thanks for the heads up Barry. I'm sorry I missed the build (not really been able to keep up with the forum lately for a variety of reasons) but your description is noted and stored in the memory banks for when i finally get round to the kit.

You're right not to play up this issue as the end result really is excellent and shows no sign of the corrective work involved.

With regards to the decal issue, can you get aftermarket replacements?

Cheers

P

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Paul - I didnt do a build thread for this one, just posted pics of the completed model. I will do a build thread for the Swordfish though.

I had another go at pics playing with settings and backgrounds. These are the best of them and, I think, a little better than the others though I am still not happy with them. In these the background, as you can see, is an old brown bath towel!!! I think I am going to look for a sheet of blue fabric to use in future as I think that may help.

Anyway a few more:

View attachment 116886

View attachment 116887

View attachment 116888

View attachment 116889

View attachment 116890

21.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

20.jpg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Thanks for the heads up Barry. I'm sorry I missed the build (not really been able to keep up with the forum lately for a variety of reasons) but your description is noted and stored in the memory banks for when i finally get round to the kit.
You're right not to play up this issue as the end result really is excellent and shows no sign of the corrective work involved.

With regards to the decal issue, can you get aftermarket replacements?

Cheers

P
There are tons of me 262 decals in 1/32 around- the problem is finding a specific JG 7 badge

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
There are tons of me 262 decals in 1/32 around- the problem is finding a specific JG 7 badge
Yes, I know. If there are no specific decals I may be able to donate the kit decals in my kit. I haven't decided on a scheme for mine yet (possibly JV44) so I may have spares.

Barry if this is useful I may be able to help you out.

Cheers

P

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
Yes, I know. If there are no specific decals I may be able to donate the kit decals in my kit. I haven't decided on a scheme for mine yet (possibly JV44) so I may have spares.
Barry if this is useful I may be able to help you out.

Cheers

P
Thanks Paul - you are a gent.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Replacement decals for JG7:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EagleCals-Decals-1-32-MESSERSCHMITT-Me-262A-1-JG7-RG-J-6-/361166784083?hash=item541737c653

Like I said though I may be able to donate mine. I'll have a look at the goodies I have in the box (been a long while since I collated all the stuff for my Schwalbe) if I already have a scheme earmarked for it I'll send you the kit decals.

Cheers

P