1/35 'A STROLL IN THE MEADOW' DIO. NEW FINISHED PICS.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
After the horrific event earlier today with the bad DC-3 and my shaking hands that destroyed half the shed I decided that I would do what I do best...well, best-ish. No...not a sunken wreck, but a WWII dio named: 'A STROLL IN THE MEADOW' This is a very simple affair, a base, a tree, a fence, some stones, some water effects, some long grasses and 4 German troops just walking through it. Here are some first shots with the fence posts sited, the tree (shows off the rather good looking job with the AB :D ) and the slate, rocks, shaped by my own fair hand. More to come.

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR AN UPDATE ON THIS MODEL. FINISHED MODEL PICTURES ON PAGE 2.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 71020

View attachment 71021

View attachment 71022

View attachment 71023

DSCF1830.JPG

DSCF1831.JPG

DSCF1832.JPG

DSCF1833.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Willi262

you must be reading my mind because I have a little sumthin sumthin like that lined up too...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
*UPDATE*

Righty-oh-my lovelies. Here is an update on the dio board. Just to add that this is 1/35 scale.

All grassed, multi-layered and different types, built up then I used the air part only on my airbrush to tuft. Water featured added and clear water added-just epoxy really with splashing on the rocks, flowers added for a bit of colour, tree added and secure, fence painted and highlighted. All it needs is the base varnishing and then the soldiers. Hope you like it so far, comments always welcome.

View attachment 71037

View attachment 71038

View attachment 71039

View attachment 71040

View attachment 71041

View attachment 71042

View attachment 71043

View attachment 71044

View attachment 71045

View attachment 71046

View attachment 71067

View attachment 71068

View attachment 71069

DSCF1835.JPG

DSCF1836.JPG

DSCF1837.JPG

DSCF1840.JPG

DSCF1843.JPG

DSCF1844.JPG

DSCF1848.JPG

DSCF1849.JPG

DSCF1854.JPG

DSCF1855.JPG

DSCF1862.JPG

DSCF1863.JPG

DSCF1866.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking great mate can't Wait to see the troops , do you know which ones your going to use ?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looking great mate can't Wait to see the troops , do you know which ones your going to use ?
Yep, Dragon 1/35 German troops at rest, well just walking. A MG 42 guy, a guy drinking (he will stood by the watering hole), and two others. Depending how they look may only use three or two figures.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks great Si, looking forward to the troops being addedPaul
Thanks Paul, bit steady with old hands today so decided to work on this. The pictures have come out well and the whole board looks very natural...well to me anyway lol.

Glad you like it mate.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yep, Dragon 1/35 German troops at rest, well just walking. A MG 42 guy, a guy drinking (he will stood by the watering hole), and two others. Depending how they look may only use three or two figures.Si:smiling3:
I like the sound of that , I'm think in of doing a similar thing with a tank crew at rest

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I like the sound of that , I'm think in of doing a similar thing with a tank crew at rest
Yeah, that does sound good, will look good too.

W

Willi262

Mine isn't nearly as good as yours Si. You look like you have a little patch of forest on the table. Nice lighting too, I like to take advantage of what nature provides me in my photo ops as well. Mine is a little more modular, I guess, just a few small plates with turf paper glued on, with some larch trees scattered about. Like a cheap sci fi tv show, I can redress the same set from different angles to increase the illusion of space.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mine isn't nearly as good as yours Si. You look like you have a little patch of forest on the table. Nice lighting too, I like to take advantage of what nature provides me in my photo ops as well. Mine is a little more modular, I guess, just a few small plates with turf paper glued on, with some larch trees scattered about. Like a cheap sci fi tv show, I can redress the same set from different angles to increase the illusion of space.
I like your dios Steve, the space you create with are exceptional they can be used for many things and like you said, they look bigger than they are. Due to space I have to build fairly small stuff so it is difficult sometimes to not over do it-the dio base is only 6X4''. I think it worked okay, will only really tell when the figures are in place.

First Name
Richard
Nice one again Si really like how everything is blending together

Cheers Richi

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice one again Si really like how everything is blending togetherCheers Richi
Thanks mate, pleased you like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks very, very natural!!Excellent layout Si, lovely dio!

Polux
Thank you my friend, really pleased that it has achieved that natural look.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,Very nice, it reminds me of a place I used to go to as a kid to hide and just watch the world go by...

Andy...
I too had a place like that as a kid, could hide away with just the bird song and just daydream. Thanks Andy for commenting and glad you like it.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely work Si, it looks so natural and realistic. Look forward to seeing the troops added.