1/35 dora build

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
C'mon then Scott. Tell us how you airbrushed just the rims! How did you do the masking?

N

noble

I set my clamps up and put my airbus in to the clamps, I placed the brush next to the rims and set My compressor to 12 psi. Turned the axles on the wheels whilst controlling the air and paint, this keeps the brush at a set distance so no masking nessesary .

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I set my clamps up and put my airbus in to the clamps, I placed the brush next to the rims and set My compressor to 12 psi. Turned the axles on the wheels whilst controlling the air and paint, this keeps the brush at a set distance so no masking nessesary .
scott
'oos a clever boy then? :smiling3: Must try and remember that and give it a practise sometime.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This is looking fantastic ........ I really like it.

N

noble

\ said:
This is looking fantastic ........ I really like it.
Cheers glad you like it and I am glad you are along for the ride.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
'oos a clever boy then? :smiling3: Must try and remember that and give it a practise sometime.
Hi dave meant to also say if you screw the base of the clamps down when you have them in position it means nothing moves except the kit which I move back and forward to ensure all the wheel rims are done.

scott

First Name
Gregg
That is looking awesome, enjoying watching this.

D

Dave Garrett

are you going to bring one or two parts that you have done so far to the next club meeting ???

N

noble

\ said:
are you going to bring one or two parts that you have done so far to the next club meeting ???
Not really dave I am afraid the parts are a little too big.

scott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Awesome Scott, superb building so far mate.

Si:smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
YIKES!!

Dat is one HUGE piece of arty!!

N

noble

Cheers Eddie and snowman I much appreciate the comments and I am glad you like it so far.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
There's no room in the theatre, so I've had to stand at the back, but I'm there Scott.

Super build mate, and you said you might be selling it when we met at The Boat Museum. I'm glad you didn't, 'cos I wouldn't have had the chance to see you build it......

Ron

N

noble

Cheers Ron and I am glad you like it so far, nice to see you along for the ride.

scott