1/35 dora build

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was wondering. As the plastic needs a special glue, due to the hardness of the plastic, how is the plastic to work with, sanding, filling gaps and all that?

That is rather a large pipe you have there

N

noble

Roy I will do some photos against a modern 1/35 scale tank to give some idea of size, Barry cheers mate glad you like it so far and Ian filling is fine no problems as iam using mr surface 500, as for sanding iam starting with 320 grit papear and working down to 2500 grit to get things smooth no real troubles so far.

scott

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
I'm not into military stuff by any stretch but this thing has got me looking.
Any chance of some pictures of the beast against some furniture, background -something we all recognise - just to show how enormous this monster is?

Roy.
He's probably had to move the furniture out to do the build.o_O

P

paul 1/16th freak

\ said:
Ok folks here is the first test fit of the two halves of doras maATTACH=full]122087[/ATTACH]
\ said:
I'm not into military stuff by any stretch but this thing has got me looking.
Any chance of some pictures of the beast against some furniture, background -something we all recognise - just to show how enormous this monster is?

Roy.

P

paul 1/16th freak

Is that a patio table I can see.I have seen that hobbyboss do a 1/72 nd Dora.I am tempted because I only have a tiny shed,looks excellent,you must have some serious patience.

N

noble

Thanks guys and I am glad you like it and are still along for the ride, Paul the two halves of the hull is sitting on the patio table in the yard the gun barrel is on the kitchen table. Baz has not long done the 1/72 version of this and it looks the dogs danglies you should check out his pics, still a big kit even at 1/72.

scott

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
OMG!! That is about the same size as a Defa 30mm cannon (real size) that is fitted into Mirage F1's!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

N

noble

Yeah it is big, I had tried placing it in rough position on the main hull, bloody hell it just adds a whole new dimension to the kit.

Scott

N

noble

She is getting there, next on the paint front is the gun and breach.

Scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
this is spectacular, will make a great display, hope you have somewhere big enough to put it

N

noble

Cheers for the great comments, I have a small space in the shed for her.

Scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hate to say this Jim, but it's bigger than a Bren gun.

That grey looks much lighter than the Panzer grey used on German armour Scott. I read somewhere that the Germans used a lighter grey on their normal railway rolling stock so you reckon they'd have done the same on this? I'm only asking 'cos this is tempting me to start my 1/72 version.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looks a right beast where are you going to store that when it's done

N

noble

Hi Dave I use the revell aqua as I much prefer the colour as opposed to the German grey made by tamiya. Once I have washed it all over with nuln oil it will come out darker, iam attempting to show a slightly more weathered appearance without over egging it. You are correct that railway stock used by the army were much lighter grey,check out my br52 loco for this but it is possible that the lighter grey was used.

Scott