1/35 Meng Toon tank KV 2

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Afternoon again.
Recently Pete Low sent me this fine model as a birthday present, so have decided it need to be build and put on show.

I give you the

1580220853192.png

What a joy to build ! no flash, just a few seem lines to clean up .

2019_9.jpg

Instruction that are clear.

2019_10.jpg

2019_19.jpg

The moulding are clean , all the holes bar one are perfect and with that little clean up every thing fits.

2019_11.jpg
In fact I made more mess sanding the seam line off :smiling2:

2019_13.jpg
Ok plenty of glue, but this was the front ,look how its designed, 4 separate slots for the lugs to fit into , no single seam to attempt a glue line.

2019_14.jpg

2019_17.jpg

2019_21.jpg
Gun as of last night, bit of a clean up needed here, but again a perfect match.

Pete kindly has told me about roughing up the tracks, and the 4 pins that are the attachment points for the upper hull can be reduced. This will be good as I want to paint the track off the kit and fir them after the whole body is painted.

SEATS AVAILABLE.

John.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John glad you started this I would like front and centre seat please with a good at view of the proceedings, I have checklist in hand and we'll be taking notes and points awarded accordingly.
Please just enjoy and have fun.
Pete.

Reactions: JR

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Afternoon again.
Recently Pete Low sent me this fine model as a birthday present, so have decided it need to be build and put on show.

I give you the

View attachment 371235

What a joy to build ! no flash, just a few seem lines to clean up .

View attachment 371227

Instruction that are clear.

View attachment 371228

View attachment 371233

The moulding are clean , all the holes bar one are perfect and with that little clean up every thing fits.

View attachment 371229
In fact I made more mess sanding the seam line off :smiling2:

View attachment 371230
Ok plenty of glue, but this was the front ,look how its designed, 4 separate slots for the lugs to fit into , no single seam to attempt a glue line.

View attachment 371231

View attachment 371232

View attachment 371234
Gun as of last night, bit of a clean up needed here, but again a perfect match.

Pete kindly has told me about roughing up the tracks, and the 4 pins that are the attachment points for the upper hull can be reduced. This will be good as I want to paint the track off the kit and fir them after the whole body is painted.

SEATS AVAILABLE.

John.
I like these little toons, have built two so far, a Tiger 1 then a Panzer three, all goes together well and it's great to paint, have another two to do sometime, a T-34 you might like and a Sherman. Bring on the toons. :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John glad you started this I would like front and centre seat please with a good at view of the proceedings, I have checklist in hand and we'll be taking notes and points awarded accordingly.
Please just enjoy and have fun.
Pete.
Pete, I will. Shout out at any point any tips please .
I like these little toons, have built two so far, a Tiger 1 then a Panzer three, all goes together well and it's great to paint, have another two to do sometime, a T-34 you might like and a Sherman. Bring on the toons. :smiling3:

Certainly fun mate.:smiling2:
Hi John
Fun, fun, fun :tongue-out3: Sounds like you're enjoying yourself. Just remember it was a thoughtful present so don't go setting fire to it or drowning it :anguished:
Jim
Promise Jim , no fire or water. :thumb2:.
Great little kits, look forward to watching yours John
Hi Mick, welcome.Have you done one and I've missed it ? .
You're full of surprises John. Enjoy.
Ha, just the thrill of building Peter. This is such a good kit.
Makes my cross though, when we are sold so much crap full of mistakes , when it's quite obvious it can be done .
John .

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John one very small point I'm no expert on Toon but there scale is 1/43 so your title is wrong.
Sorry Pete.

• Wow

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I'm sure I've read somewhere that they were 1/35 scale but if you look up the Meng website its say 1/egg, I leave to you to decide.

D

Deleted member 7237

I'm sure I've read somewhere that they were 1/35 scale but if you look up the Meng website its say 1/egg, I leave to you to decide.
Hi Mark if you say there 1/35 they probably are then ,sorry for any confusion haven't built any of them???
Got it from the world of toon forum.
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I do love these toon tanks. A little bit of fun in a hobby that can very occasionally get a bit too serious in some quarters.

Andrew

Ps. Don't tell the Rivet Counters Guild of Assassins I said that!

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John I think your be ok with your build there's people watching that know more about toons than I do but if I do I'll PM you.
Pete.

• Love

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hey Pete, If JR gets into trouble just send over a couple of Minions and they will set him straight in no time! JR, I looked at the box art and labeling, it didn't show a skill level...are you comfortable with this?:rolling:
Cheers and have fun! Rick H.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
I am saying nothing sarcastic or suppoedly funny, unlike the other commenters above - that's because they have said it all :tears-of-joy:.
But will sit in on the build.
Mike.

• Haha
D

Deleted member 7237

John,
I am saying nothing sarcastic or suppoedly funny, unlike the other commenters above - that's because they have said it all :tears-of-joy:.
But will sit in on the build.
Mike.
:thinking: I seem to remember someone had a Toon Sherman in their stash not on the go:anguished::anguished:.
Pete ;).

• Haha

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks like a good kit John, nice progress :thumb2: .
Steven

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
:thinking: I seem to remember someone had a Toon Sherman in their stash not on the go:anguished::anguished:.
Pete ;).
That was donated to a very young man that made a far better job of it than I ever could and he was only 5.....
Mike.

• Haha
D

Deleted member 7237

That was donated to a very young man that made a far better job of it than I ever could and he was only 5.....
Mike.
That might have been the case but you still had a Toon in your stash. Yes or No.
The Toon high council has come to a decision.

Guilty as charged.

Pete.