1/35 Meng Toon tank KV 2

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hey Pete, If JR gets into trouble just send over a couple of Minions and they will set him straight in no time!
You'll have to paint them 4BO or he won't let them in.
Pete

• Haha
Reactions: JR

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
That might have been the case but you still had a Toon in your stash. Yes or No.
The Toon high council has come to a decision.

Guilty as charged.

Pete.
OK guv, fair cop, it was the little people made me do it.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well it seems I can leave every one to chat among-est them selves then ! :smiling:.

Back now, been a odd week first eldest daughter was in hospital unable to move hers legs, eventually rushed to Addebnbrooks for a repeat of the op she had a year ago so that was worrying, then my close friend had a heart attack which I have mentioned.
Both of them are now in their respective homes and appear to be on the mend, so a some what weird week

Right assembly has gone well taking note of the good advice from my friend Pete who sent me the model I reduced the connecting pins inside, it certainly made the assembly easier when I had to do the final fit after painting.
The tracks behaved as instructed by Pete.

2019_3.jpg
This was the start of the AB problem' but I stripped it down you can see the mess the paint caused.
After washing it all off I tried again with better success.

2019.jpg

2019_4_2.jpg

Looks far better than it did, leaving it to dry for a day , then decals, varnish coat and some weathering ! Should be fun.

Thanks for looking in .
John.

D

Deleted member 6559

I hope the casualties are one the mend John. Sounds like you've had a very stressful time - the last thing you needed was trouble with the AB. However it looks as though you've got that sorted as the KV1 is looking very good indeed. Breath in, ans out, breath in.....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I hope the casualties are one the mend John. Sounds like you've had a very stressful time - the last thing you needed was trouble with the AB. However it looks as though you've got that sorted as the KV1 is looking very good indeed. Breath in, ans out, breath in.....
Thank you.
Your right there Peter, don't you get the feeling at times you'd just like to close the door to any more stress !
Luckily the KV was done before the AB / compressor had a wobbly .:angry:
It's will work , well that's the mantra :smiling3::smiling3:.

Looking good :cool:
Thanks Si.

John .

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John
Gotta ask, was it the bench you washed or the model, or could that be some stray ignitable fuel that has made an appearance just in case......
Mike...

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John
Gotta ask, was it the bench you washed or the model, or could that be some stray ignitable fuel that has made an appearance just in case......
Mike...
No, Mike fear not, the model was washed in the kitchen !
Re the bench, this is the newly introduced cutting mat that comes ready cut, complete with paint markings.
If your ever suffered from withdrawal symptoms from ruining a brand new this is the way to go. Available to order direct from Race Towers.
Just woken up at nearly 0400, now armed with tea and toast .

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Hope your daughter and your friend continue to recover. Also hope your AB woes get sorted - you new compressor looks good - let us know how you get on with it.
Back to the build. Looking good now. That huge turret looks mad on the real thing but extra mad on a 'toon'.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Hope your daughter and your friend continue to recover. Also hope your AB woes get sorted - you new compressor looks good - let us know how you get on with it.
Back to the build. Looking good now. That huge turret looks mad on the real thing but extra mad on a 'toon'.
Jim
Hi Jim , thanks, Kay is having to take I to easy as the bruising heals. Ray is feeling ok, get tired if he does too much .
Waiting to get some varnish on so I can do the decals and weathering.
New comp should be here tomorrow.
Very helpful at Air Net , sent me a PayPal invoice to do an addition to the order as I needed a difft connector for the H,& S, this saved paying postage if I'd ordered on line.
Looks great fun, doing a smashing job John
Thanks Steve, actually had been fun, and so well engineered , makes a difference from some kits I've had .

John .

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
No, Mike fear not, the model was washed in the kitchen !
Re the bench, this is the newly introduced cutting mat that comes ready cut, complete with paint markings.
If your ever suffered from withdrawal systoms from running a brand new this is the way to go. Available to order direct from Race Towers.
Just woken up at nearly 0400, now armed with tea and toast .
0400, what is that, sorry no,
Mike

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right after a somewhat long delay due to ab / compressor problems I seem to be nearly up to date. Quite a stack waiting to be painted, unfortunately I missed laid the canopy for the 2019_2.jpg So that can sit until I eventually find it.

The Toon up date
Hope that Pete approves, i've not gone over the top with the weathering . Pleased with how its turned out.

2020_15.jpg
2020_13.jpg

All that remains is a flat varnish coat and a small base to set it off along with a few bits of vegetation.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Looks good. Whoever designs these Toons does a very clever job. There's no mistaking the tank/plane/ship that they're based on and yet they're so simplified and distorted.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Looks good. Whoever designs these Toons does a very clever job. There's no mistaking the tank/plane/ship that they're based on and yet they're so simplified and distorted.
Jim
Thanks , Jim its one of the best models I have ever built, if the rest of Meng stuff is the same then they have a winner.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John you've made a much better job of your one than I did, look forward to see what kind of base you're gonna put it on.
Hope you enjoyed building it all you got to do now is build the kv-1 and the T-34 to complete the Russian Toon tank corps .
Pete :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: .

1582204841370.png

Last edited by a moderator:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John

Nice job on the toon sir. Now I know this may be a can of worms opening question however since I plan on building a Russian tank (when the post delivers it) I was wondering what colour you recommend using for the famous 4BO? I am open to as many opinions as you may have on the subject.

John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
That's a cracking result my friend. Hope your daughter and friend are recovering well.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John you've made a much better job of your one than I did, look forward to see what kind of base you're gonna put it on.
Hope you enjoyed building it all you got to do now is build the kv-1 and the T-34 to complete the Russian Toon tank corps .
Pete :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: .

View attachment 373654
Pete, glad you like it:smiling3: Have to admit they do look tempting.

Hi John

Nice job on the toon sir. Now I know this may be a can of worms opening question however since I plan on building a Russian tank (when the post delivers it) I was wondering what colour you recommend using for the famous 4BO? I am open to as many opinions as you may have on the subject.

John
Hi John, thanks for looking in and your comment.
As to paint, I use Vallejo green primer then Vallejo Model Air 71.017. 4BO.
If i was going to chipping I'd use brown primer, then apply the chipping fluid etc etc. I've never used any other make, so can't comment on their greens.
HTH.

John,
That's a cracking result my friend. Hope your daughter and friend are recovering well.

Thanks Paul , yes they are both well. Kay is back at work in March, but has been doing a lot from home.

John.

Last edited: