1/35 Soviet T26 Tank and a Zvezda M72 Motor cycle and side car .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hobby Boss and Trumpeter are part of the same parent company :smiling3: However, I have the impression that they purchased many of their track sets from another company that made them before.

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Wow just had one hell of rain storm, lightening, thunder right over your house ! :confused:and hail
At least it will be hopefully cooler .

View attachment 483903

View attachment 483902
Not all on the level,but hoping the base can be made to suit.

View attachment 483901
Those pins on the inner side of the ring were a troublesome addition. Also the pin length for the drive wasn't long enough to even go into the hike in the sprocket. Either me or they got it wrong . I check several times to see if the assembly was correct
Ah yes its all comming back thoes little bits either us or or they got it wrong i couldn't make any sense of it either I think I just left them off in the end its not as if the plastic sprocket police are going to knock on the door after all you all only know because of my confession no doubt someone out there will be more than willing to explain our lack of understanding. Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hobby Boss and Trumpeter are part of the same parent company :smiling3: However, I have the impression that they purchased many of their track sets from another company that made them before.
I've built a few Trumpeter kits and have to say they were great. Far better than any of the Hobby Boss . Bought the HB some time ago , liked the choice then , but should have tested the water first !

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Excuse my ignorance here chaps, what exactly are ‘fruils’ in relation to tracks.
Been following this thread but the reference to fruils is meaningless to me. Tried the internet!!! Even more confusticated!!!!
Help!!! Short words please, brain can’t cope with long words ;) :rolling: :thumb2:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Hi Doug,

Jim beat me to the punch, but you are spelling the name wrong...It's Friul, not Fruil, and that's why you probably didn't get too far on the net...Have a look here,

https://friulmodel.hu/

It also seems my Buddy Giuseppe is in ill health. He's Mr. Friul......

Prost
Allen
You are right, Allen. In fact, the Friulmodel logo, the golden eagle on a blue background is the coat of arms of the Friuli, a part of Friuli Venezia Giulia region, one of the 20 Italian administrative regions.
Probably Giuseppe was born there.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hi Doug,

Jim beat me to the punch, but you are spelling the name wrong...It's Friul, not Fruil, and that's why you probably didn't get too far on the net...Have a look here,

Prost
Allen
I know were I went wrong!! Mr autocorrect changed my original spelling to fruit and I changed fruit to fruil. (Because I’m lazy). :smiling3: :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You are right, Allen. In fact, the Friulmodel logo, the golden eagle on a blue background is the coat of arms of the Friuli, a part of Friuli Venezia Giulia region, one of the 20 Italian administrative regions.
True Andrea. His last name is Puppato and he is definitely Italian. Where he was born exactly, I don't know. He moved the firm to Hungary from Italy, years ago. Here we are at the World Model Expo, last July, in Veldhoven, NL,

DSC05436 (2).JPG
Giuseppe is on the right, and I'm the fat guy on the left......

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The company was originally based in Trieste, IIRC (and if I don’t, then it was at least another city in northern Italy :smiling3: ) before moving to Hungary (and changing its name from Friulmodelissimo to Friulmodel).

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excuse my ignorance here chaps, what exactly are ‘fruils’ in relation to tracks.
Been following this thread but the reference to fruils is meaningless to me. Tried the internet!!! Even more confusticated!!!!
Help!!! Short words please, brain can’t cope with long words ;) :rolling: :thumb2:
Fruils are metal, aftermarket tracks. They make them for a wide selection of vehicles. They are relatively easy to put together, are well detailed and sag naturally.
Hi Doug,

Prost
Allen
I know were I went wrong!! Mr autocorrect changed my original spelling to fruit and I changed fruit to fruil. (Because I’m lazy). :smiling3: :thumb2:
My fault entirely, spelling is not my best subject ! With out spell check I'd be lost

John,
Sorry mate very late to the party chair pulled up and waiting for the tea and biscuits.

Welcome Paul, tea on it's way.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
My fault entirely, spelling is not my best subject ! With out spell check I'd be lost

Welcome Paul, tea on it's way.
John, I find even when I spell a word correctly something in the innards of this thing changes it!! I really need to check what's being checked without me knowing it's being checked!!! Technology!!! Love it!! (Sometimes)

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
The company was originally based in Trieste, IIRC (and if I don’t, then it was at least another city in northern Italy :smiling3: ) before moving to Hungary (and changing its name from Friulmodelissimo to Friulmodel).
After some research, I found that the firm "Friulmodellismo" was in a little town north of Udine, just 20 minutes by car from where I live. Unfortunately (at least for me :rolling:, probably not for him and his firm), Mr. Puppato moved to Hungary, near Szekesfehervar, some 6 hours by car from here :disappointed2:, some years ago.
Hope he will get better soon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just seen this one John, so I've pulled up my chair at the back. Nice start by the way.
Hi Ian , can you see from there ?
The Rabble are ok at the moment having been fed and watered . Busy now discussing Friuls and the history of the founder .A move to the front is safe .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apart from drilling one sets of Friuls out and a little sanding of rough spots and moving onto the other set nothing exciting model wise to report .
One thing I am looking fwd to is the tank riders. Although there is a picture on the box art work there's nothing in the set . I have a packet of Russian figure bits , so along with some others in boxes I should find something to suit .
The motor cycle has two figures, but what I wanted was one pointing as it telling the Tank where the enemy was . Thinking a lesson in " Neil " surgery is about to happen .
Will finish those tracks first .