1/35 Soviet T26 Tank and a Zvezda M72 Motor cycle and side car .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Interested to see you have a go at figure altering. People like Neil and Richard make it look easy, which I'm sure it isn't, but it can make figures really look natural.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Interested to see you have a go at figure altering. People like Neil and Richard make it look easy, which I'm sure it isn't, but it can make figures really look natural.
Hi Jim. Me too .
Yesterday finished the clean up of the tracks, nothing much just a quick drill to check holes were clear and removing a small nib on every one .
Going now to look at the figure parts .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yesterday I was up to here with the build
IMG_20230615_204952367.jpg
The aerial was really well protected in the box after careful removal it went on.
I purposely used a bigger drill to make the holes in the turret.Too easy to damage the thin section aerial in attempting to fit .

IMG_20230615_205045294.jpg
Rear looks ok.
Then as I want to have the drivers hatch open while they stop to speak to the motorcycle crew I decided maybe they had some padding on the shield.
IMG_20230615_205114923.jpg
Might look a bit better when painted .

Off now to look at the selection on figures be fore I do the normal thing of buying more !

John.
Thanks for looking in .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glue hurling apart I'm please with the progress so far. Today after a visit to Evil Bay I'm hoping to start the assembly of the tracks. NO NOT THE KIT ONES !
The Friuls, as long as I can manage the wire . More later --------------- hopefully;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’m in John looks like I’m just in time to watch you have a meltdown. I guess asking for a cup of Yorkshire Tea is out of the question at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Make mine a Tetley's.......if you please. ;)

• Haha

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi John

Apologies for being a tad late to the party.....struggling to find forum time even though the studies are over.

That does look like a challenging build you have on your hands. You could always try a 1/72 quick build one track kit with one piece tracks and running gear! ;)

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I’m in John looks like I’m just in time to watch you have a meltdown. I guess asking for a cup of Yorkshire Tea is out of the question at the moment.
Never the wrong time for a Yorkshire tea Lee.

Looking good so far JR
Thanks Mick, of course any thing can go wrong after this !

Make mine a Tetley's.......if you please. ;)
Oh you would be different Rick :smiling3:.

Looking good buddy ,tell Lee no chance of Yorkshire tea but I can do him a cup of
View attachment 484140
As drunk on the jurassic coast :tongue-out: ;):thumb2::smiling3:. Dave
If it's as good as the box art I might try some myself Dave ! Offer that the Rick instead.:smiling2:

Hi John

Apologies for being a tad late to the party.....struggling to find forum time even though the studies are over.

That does look like a challenging build you have on your hands. You could always try a 1/72 quick build one track kit with one piece tracks and running gear! ;)

Keep up the good work.

Andrew
Are you feeling alright Andrew ? I know you've been studying hard but me do attempt a 1/72 :surprised::confused::worried: ;) Think I'll have a word with Matron !

Tea Please! Yorkshire tea of course!
I'm not surprised you aren't using the kit tracks, they look a nightmare.
One pot of Yorkshire on its way. Me neither Graeme far too hard.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This afternoon I managed some tracks. Now needing 3.5 in my optovisor these tracks are both small and fiddly.
I managed about 20 odd and called it a day .
IMG_20230618_180421511.jpg
Will be nice when finished .
John .

First Name
Andy
This afternoon I managed some tracks. Now needing 3.5 in my optovisor these tracks are both small and fiddly.
I managed about 20 odd and called it a day .
View attachment 484163
Will be nice when finished .
John .
Looking great John, I feel your pain after building a 120 link motorcycle chain, rollers, side plates and all.

Andy.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Are you feeling alright Andrew ? I know you've been studying hard but me do attempt a 1/72 :surprised::confused::worried: ;) Think I'll have a word with Matron.

But think about it....one piece..... For the whole running gear and track..... One piece!