1/48 Cyber Hobby Ju-88 A-17 1./KG26

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Exactly as Joe describes it.

At 1/48 you might be able to represent antenna (lower photo) but you'll need to be brave to do the aluminium foil fixed to the inside of the plexiglass :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
Tamiya represent this as a clear part on their 1/48 HE219 and JU87G.I painted the area beneath it in RLM66 as per the instructions.i wasn't brave enough to try painting the sunburst pattern on the inside of the transparent part!.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
So the plexi-glass was see through then Steve? Not painted over?
Yes.I would do the area beneath it in RLM 66 as most internal areas visible from the outside were finished this way on bombers a lot earlier than was previously believed.

Thinking about it I might try that aluminium 'sunburst' in foil, maybe a bit simplified though, with less 'rays'. It could be stuck to the interior of the clear part.

Cheers

Steve

C

Chuzzbutt

For the rays I'd maybe coat some thin card in foil to give it some strength and make it easier to work with too [emoji6]

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I was flicking through some allied intelligence reports looking for some stuff for Mike's thread when I happened upon this one.

The 'observations' in particular are relevant and interesting.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking forward to seeing that camo go down.

Ian M

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Decided to place some fine copper wire (tv co-axial cable braiding) to the back of the control panel as you could sort of see it through the front glass of the bomb aimers position. I prefer using copper wire for this than lead wire as it takes a while to mould it to where you want it to go and lead would snap. Painted it yellow to match the Luftwaffe wiring colour. Probably needs another coat of yellow but i'll do that once I've cut the wire to length and shaped it to fit into the cockpit

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just a small update.

I put the cockpit together but didn't add the engine/control levers on the side of it as they were far to fiddly for me at this point (slight medical problem with hands). But I don't think it detracts from it at all. Also added the wiring to the instrument panel. Not sure you'll see it when it's all built up but hey, i'll know it's there :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Al

This is coming along great. The office looks fabulous with some superb detail.

That paint scheme wil rove challenging.

Looking forward to the progress.

Cheers

Paul

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Certainly will be testing Paul :smiling3:

Just putting the wings on and although I had be warned by previous reviews, the gaps and step at the wingtips and wing roots are terrible. Will get some pics when they dry

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It looks very nice indeed.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice office Al

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Nice work in that cockpit.The instrument panel wiring will look great viewed through the nose transparency.

T

treyzx10r

Awesome looking office Al! Love the wiring harness on the IP !

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Nice work in that cockpit.The instrument panel wiring will look great viewed through the nose transparency.
I'm hoping it will be visable when the glass is on. If not then i'll know it's there at least lol