1/48 Cyber Hobby Ju-88 A-17 1./KG26

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Here are the pics of the gaps as stated above. Not a total disaster but still a pain. On a side note the plastic is soft so doesn't take a lot of work to remove it should you need to.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Note to self: Always make the insert "before" you put the whole thing together. Makes it so much easier to make and shape. Still I got there in the end. I used 0.75mm plastic card to make it.

The lower gondola on this particular Ju88 A17 has it removed. Hence why I had to make the insert as the kit comes with the gondola meant to be fitted.

T

treyzx10r

Nice progress Al, if you happen to build another version of this kit glue the wing tips on first ,then join the wing halves and you'll avoid that gap. Sorry I did'nt mention it before I forgot until I saw the pics.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yeah cheers Trey. I've just read that on someone else's build lol. I'll know for next time as I have a few more in the stash

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yet another insert to make. Just realised the bomb scope went into the gondola bay and because the gondola is not fitted, it would protrude through the aircraft. Apparently they were removed for the A17 version.

Also bought a set of Fw200 FuG200 radar aerials for the front of it as the one I'm doing had it fitted.

Should hopefully look a little like this when finished

D

dubster72

Rather you than me with all that antenna malarkey Ian! Super fiddly stuff!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Superglue is the way forward lol

L

Laurie

Very nice detailing Allyne.

Interesting the use of the word Plexiglass. Where does this come from. Sounds like the description of a conservatory roof.

We used to call it perspex.

Are they one and the same ? If so why the change in name ? Is Plexiglass a commercial name ? I have read bits from the USA a few months ago on canopies and they referred to Perspex.

Laurie

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good progress Al

As far as I am aware Laurie, Plexiglass and Perspex brand names. Both of which get used generically.

I believe that Plexiglass is newer than Perspex which is the reason we hear that name more in connection with WWII aircraft.

Ian M

L

Laurie

OES THIS COME FOR

\ said:
Good progress AlAs far as I am aware Laurie, Plexiglass and Perspex brand names. Both of which get used generically.

I believe that Plexiglass is newer than Perspex which is the reason we hear that name more in connection with WWII aircraft.

Ian M
Yes looked it up Ian on as you say correctly they are brand names. Poly(methyl methacrylate) is the correct term apparently. Also Acrylic is used to describe the material. Plexiglass was patented as a name by a German Chemist. Perspex was the name used to market their product.

Apologies for butting in Allyne.

Laurie