1/48 Sea Gladiator

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Yep, you have nearly conquered the knitting championship Dave. Nice detail with that control wire by the way.

0ne48thtel

That is looking excellent Dave fair play I don't think I would have the patience to do all that rigging

First Name
Dave
\ said:
That is looking excellent Dave fair play I don't think I would have the patience to do all that rigging
I don't have the patience to do it in one session.Ive just done a bit each day over about a week.

A

Andy Mac

It's looking really good so far, I've no experience of rigging so I'm looking forward to seeing how you do it.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
It's looking really good so far, I've no experience of rigging so I'm looking forward to seeing how you do it.
Have a look at Colin M's Eduard DH2 if you want to see top quality rigging.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice Dave, it's a big satisfied sigh of relief when that last wire is done !!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looking very nice Dave, it's a big satisfied sigh of relief when that last wire is done !!
I know what you mean Colin.I was relieved but then wasn't happy with the tail wires.Dont look right to me as I've used the same wire I made the ruder control rods from.So I will take them off and use the plastic strip that I've done some of the wing rigging with.

First Name
Dave
Got a bit of company this evening.Four of my cats decided to have a sleep on the modelling table.As for the model,I replaced the thin rigging wires on the tailplane with plastic strip.Then I painted all the rigging with Vallejo aluminium.Next,I glued the wheels,wing guns and engine cowling on.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Dave. Nearly there mate. Your furry mates are obviously oblivious to the fact or too tired to notice that there is thread about, mine would have had it strewn all over the house.

C

chris

really enjoyed following this thread, excellent build Dave,you deserve a medal just for your commitment to complete the rigging. A big thumbs up from me.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great stuff Dave, will look for the completed thread.