1/72 Dogfight Double

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nearly there.

Just the 'dangly bits' and a bit of weathering/staining to do before I attach these to the stand. I will leave the varnish to cure overnight before attempting that.

The aeroplanes will be in flight, so I've done my usual routine of omitting the propeller blades and filling the spinners.

The Spitfire hasn't fired its guns and I've applied the gun patches, made from decal paper painted red. They are minute in this scale and I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had doing it :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

They look really nice Steve! You secretly love all that fiddly work ;) it'll be a WW1 aircraft in 1/144 with rigging next!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
both look great Steve, well done on them, i do like the camo on both, :D

are you putting on spinning propeller blades ?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Been away for a little while so I'm just catching up with a few things.

These little Airfix kits look very good indeed and you've made a superb job of finishing them. I say finished because it seems this build is very near to the finish line!

Great stuff

Paul

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'll finish them tomorrow with a bit of luck :smiling3:

I won't put on spinning propeller blades. 'Propblurs' are probably the best but not to my taste, I prefer to leave them off and just fill the holes in the spinners where the propellers would have been. It's a personal choice. When I watch aeroplanes at air shows I just can't see a propeller disc at all from a couple of hundred yards away!

Cheers

Steve

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do see your point Steve and agree as i have always wounded about using them as well,as you do only see the cone, very good point, :rolleyes:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I'm looking forward to the stands and the completion of this. The teeth are a very nice addition. Overall a solid build.

John