2025 the war against Skynet , British campaign !

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Latest update now I'm back :smiling3:

I have noticed that when I do dioramas I tend to complete a part of it then just stick it up well this next few pics will show how I get my rust effect it's not difficult and tbh it's easy and it gives a good effect for decay and desolation which is what I'm going for in this dio

How to turn this Into this View attachment 81910

first cover your vehicle in super glue like so View attachment 81911

then pop it into water making sure you give it a really good covering of water View attachment 81912

Then leave to dry overnight
Once completely dry paint it all over with a good coat of reddish brown I used revel aqua 37 View attachment 81913

Wait to dry or use a hair dryer to speed this up and give it a good coat of black wash the darker the better like so View attachment 81914

Then dry brush in a rust colour I used revel aqua 83 but forgot to take a photo so we will move on to the highlighting , for this I used humbrol weathering powder and touch up as little or as much as you want and you should finish up looking like this View attachment 81915

View attachment 81916

and there you have it a nice ruined vehicle , this can be done to any metal object and I used to same approach on the warrior for the corrugated panels on the side :smiling3:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
interesting idea,.........i can think of a few uses for that.....cheers me dears :cool:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
No problems mate glad to help , I actually found this out by accident while working on my HMS Warspite build , I used water as an excelerant and noticed to fogged up and crusted :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I've never thought of using Superglue Alan, so that's a great idea!

Time for some experimentation methinks! ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

That's a very clever idea I may have to pinch that at some time in the future.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys but I don't think I'm going to finish this sadly I've really lost my mojo for it , I love what I've done with the kits but the base is. not working for me and this maybe a case of I've bitten off mor than I can chew :sad:

I might do something smaller with it with the HK and the warrior only , I'm not one for giving up but I don't want to say "that'll do" so it's on the back burner for the moment