A 1/24 scale Aircraft SIG

A 1/24 scale aircraft super SIG

• Would you like the GB calendar for 2015 to include a 1/24 scale aircraft build

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be ridiculous man! Where on earth would I put one!

• If you vote yes, will you take part,

• or are you voting just 'cause you want to watch

• Total voters
A

andyrobs

Do you know what, most of us seem to be using airfix kits for this group build, I think secretly polux works for airfix and came up with this idea to increase airfix sales in the Christmas period!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :P :p:p

Cheers, Andrew

D

daveb257

But most people have bought them cheap, I've got the Spitfire I bought December and the Hurricane bought today, both less that half price from Debenhams :smiling:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Question, as I'm relatively new to the forum, what do we do with it once built?
What do you normally do with them?

As far as the Forum part. Once you have completed the build thread, with in progress photos, questions, hints and tips etc. you then post some nice photos of your new pride and joy and post them in a thread in the completed section.

There after most of us put them on display on a shelf, or hang them from the ceiling.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
But most people have bought them cheap, I've got the Spitfire I bought December and the Hurricane bought today, both less that half price from Debenhams :smiling3:
And everyone checked the scale models shop. John has loads and at good prices as well...

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Err... Both!!
Well the 1/24 is a SSIG and if you scroll down the forum you'll find there is a forum for these builds , you have to put your name in the title like this ' Michael Williams 1/24 hawker Hurricane ' or what ever plane you decide to do

Then you show the box top of your kit , the sprues, the instructions and anything else you going to add like PE

Then you do an under construction thread showing how you go with the kit from start to finish

That's what you do on here as for putting it somewhere after you've finished well that's up to what space you've got at home to present it :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Yes please?.If your sure you won't need it some day?.
I can't see me using it in the foreseeable future so PM your address and I'll post it.

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Do you know what, most of us seem to be using airfix kits for this group build, I think secretly polux works for airfix and came up with this idea to increase airfix sales in the Christmas period!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :P :p:pCheers, Andrew
Well, I had the Spit as a present last year, the Mustang only cost £25 and I only paid £20 for the hurricane, so I think the profits would be dented by my spend :smiling3:

Adrian

M

Mike

\ said:
Then you do an under construction thread showing how you go with the kit from start to finish
Well, that seems simple enough! Does anyone know of a manufacturer that does a Red Arrow, or at least the Hawk and aftermarket Decals? Largest kit I can find is 1/32, but what with it being 50 years of the Red Arrows next year building one of them would be pretty cool

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I don't know of a 1/24 scale hawk but then I only found out that other companies make 1/24 scale kits and not just airfix when this thread started lol

P

Polux

\ said:
, I think secretly polux works for airfix and came up with this idea to increase airfix sales in the Christmas period!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: ;) ;) ;) ;) :P :P :p:pCheers, Andrew
It's true :D

Airfix is blackmail me....if I increases his sales, they will send me, in a near future, my Stuka RUBBER.... :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Polux

Guys...I have a "stupid" teory about the space you need for a 1/24 kit....but is mathemathicaly proven!! I produce one of this birds (take my Stuka as reference) on three months aprox... And most of you produce one or two kits on a month!!! So I need less space!!! :D :D :D

PS: I said it, stupid :P :P :P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As far as I know there is no scale plastic model of a Hawk in 1/24 scale.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I did find a solid resin one but not a kit

M

Mike

\ said:
£20 from Hobbycraft in Basingstoke.
Oooh, I want to do a Hurricane too! I'm based t'other side of Reading, I'll see how many they've got there. If I'm not in luck, how many have they got? The reason I picked up the BOB Spit was that it was only £30 for a £60RRP product

Checked HobbyCraft's website, still £54.99

Last edited:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
About half a dozen in Amazingstoke. They might be doing the same deal in Reading though.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Debenhams are selling the 1/24 hurry and spit for £30 a piece ive just ordered them :smiling3:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
Oooh, I want to do a Hurricane too! I'm based t'other side of Reading, I'll see how many they've got there. If I'm not in luck, how many have they got? The reason I picked up the BOB Spit was that it was only £30 for a £60RRP product
The best 1/24 Hurricane is the Trumpeter one, not that the Airfix one is a bad kit as such. You might find the following reviews helpful

http://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/cleaver/tmc242c.htm

http://www.hyperscale.com/reviews/kits/trump02414reviewbg_1.htm

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tru/kit_tru_2416.shtml

http://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/gb/dixonhurri.htm