A 1/24 scale Aircraft SIG

A 1/24 scale aircraft super SIG

• Would you like the GB calendar for 2015 to include a 1/24 scale aircraft build

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be ridiculous man! Where on earth would I put one!

• If you vote yes, will you take part,

• or are you voting just 'cause you want to watch

• Total voters

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Err, whops. I just ordered a 1/24 scale Spitfire. How did that happen. I guess this means that I'm in as well.Ian M
I hope you voted Ian

Glad to see you in on this one

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont panic Alan, you got loads of time to buy one :tongue-out:

Ian, yes I voted for the build, just didn't say I would take part.

I was looking in a mates web shop and he had a Trumpeter tropical spitfire for half price. It seemed rude not to buy it :smiling:

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers Polux, I just hope I have a hobby room again come New Years.

Apart from it was cheap(er) the other reason was to stop me buying the Mossie.... I would like one, just not now.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I've just realised something ! Everybody is going out to get a 1/24 kit for this which means the tiffy might be a know show lol
I'm not sure whether I'm in yet but I'm contemplating two options. The cheap option is to try and make a decent model out of one of the old Airfix kits. The other is to build a big Typhoon.

It's a good quandary to have, my real problem is that I don't really have anything else in such a large scale :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would love to see what you could get out of the tiffy Steve. On the other hand, I bet you could get a great result for the old Airfix kit as well. Not helping here am I, lol

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I'm not sure whether I'm in yet but I'm contemplating two options. The cheap option is to try and make a decent model out of one of the old Airfix kits. The other is to build a big Typhoon.It's a good quandary to have, my real problem is that I don't really have anything else in such a large scale :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
I know what you mean Steve I have the tiffy , Stuka , harrier and I'm getting the 109 tomorrow , by the end of the year I can see that double lol , mind you I think I might try that trumpy hurricane :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I know what you mean Steve I have the tiffy , Stuka , harrier and I'm getting the 109 tomorrow , by the end of the year I can see that double lol , mind you I think I might try that trumpy hurricane :smiling3:
Decisions, decisions Alan :smiling3:

Just build them all!

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

I'm with Ian, Steve! I would like to see you building one :rolleyes:

An aircraft modeler like you MUST HAVE and NEED a 1/24 Thypoon on his collection :D should be a sin don't build it :D

Z

Ziper_it

Have the 1/24 Spit, question is where do I put it when finished?

P

Polux

Or you can "hung" it of the ceiling with a transparent thread.

Anyway I believe the box occupies more than the plane once builded :P

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Err, whops. I just ordered a 1/24 scale Spitfire. How did that happen. I guess this means that I'm in as well.Ian M
Yes, easily done, search, buy, where's my wallet, credit card details etc.....................opps how did that happen.................

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Or you can "hung" it of the ceiling with a transparent thread.Anyway I believe the box occupies more than the plane once builded :P
That's my plan, hang it up.

V

V1P3R

If I was to get a square piece of wood, what size would I need for s 1:24 plane and maybe one or two characters and accessories? Never built a plane before.

Sent from me to you

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
When are you planning to start this? I'm interested but I still got other stuff to finish first.

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
When are you planning to start this? I'm interested but I still got other stuff to finish first.Gern
It will be next year dave :smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

\ said:
Or you can "hung" it of the ceiling with a transparent thread.Anyway I believe the box occupies more than the plane once builded :P
In any case I will have to convince my wife. Any volunteer?

Francesco

P

Polux

\ said:
If I was to get a square piece of wood, what size would I need for s 1:24 plane and maybe one or two characters and accessories? Never built a plane before. Sent from me to you
I will take a look at my Stuka, but I think you need (aprox) 40x40 cm or more O_o

Anyway you want the wings rest inside?