A 1/24 scale Aircraft SIG

A 1/24 scale aircraft super SIG

• Would you like the GB calendar for 2015 to include a 1/24 scale aircraft build

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be ridiculous man! Where on earth would I put one!

• If you vote yes, will you take part,

• or are you voting just 'cause you want to watch

• Total voters
P

Polux

\ said:
When are you planning to start this? I'm interested but I still got other stuff to finish first.Gern
As Alan have said, will start the next year.

Join in Gern! You will have all 2015 to build one :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
In any case I will have to convince my wife. Any volunteer?Francesco
Hmm, what does she look like :smiling:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
My 1st after market purchase for my spitfire a spinning prop more to come just need to find out what is available and from where as I've never used aftermarket products any help with this would be greatly appreciated cheers John View attachment 87195

image.jpg

P

Polux

I've never seen one builded....will be very interesting ;)

Of course, I can not help you, sorry :D

First Name
Jason
\ said:
My 1st after market purchase for my spitfire a spinning prop more to come just need to find out what is available and from where as I've never used aftermarket products any help with this would be greatly appreciated cheers John View attachment 87674
There's not much about that I could find. I have ordered an RB production Sutton harness and the Airscale cockpit decals and WWII Allied placard set spent about £25 so far!

Airscale do some PE bezels and generic details but at £36 for both sheets I didn't think it was worth it.

I would like some weighted resin tyres if anybody does them.

Jason

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I will do my Airfix Tiffy next year to participate in the GB.

I might even partner it up a couple of Trumpeters 1/24s - the Hurricane and Spitfire as these, from reviews, seem to be better than the Airfix 1/24s. Probably use some aftermarket as well with these. I fancy a nice 'little' display of these beauties together..... maybe I can find room in my office.

Z

Ziper_it

Does anyone know in what the old VB from airfix is not correct or where it can be improved?

Sorry for the OT

Francesco

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I think it is more to do with it being based on the old tool 70s vintage mk1. I built the mk1 over 40 years ago and remember even then it seemed a little crude in some respect, compared even to the bf109 if the same vintage. The newer Trump is described by reviewers as the better model, same as for the Hurricane though I found the Airfix 1/24 hurricane to be a good kit which was a bit later than their Spit.

P

Polux

My main idea is build the Thypoon OOB, but I have took a look at the instructions, and I will add some modifications....

Anyway, until Christmas remains some months, time enough,for me, to change of idea more than twice, like the model as well... :P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Been looking for 1/24 aftermarket bits. Not having a lot of luck I must admit...

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I like the Focke 190 as well, but which kit is better?The airfix or the trumpeter? o_O
The Trumpeter kit makes a decent D-9 and has more in it, though there is plenty of room for adding your own detail. I've seen one first hand and thought it looked pretty good, but I haven't built one.

The Airfix kit, despite its age, makes a decent A series 190. It won't fit quite like the Trumpeter kit and I have a vague recollection, bearing in mind I built this many years ago, that the engine didn't fit unless the length was reduced by a few millimetres. It might be worth googling that, someone else is bound to have discovered the same problem and will have published an easy fix.

I'd go for Airfix 'Anton' and fix it, but Trumpeter might be the easier option. You'd have no problem with it judging by your Ju 87.

Cost might be a consideration but I've no idea what they cost these days :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Yep! Thanks Steve :smiling3:

Well....maybe you don't know but you are the guilty :D

On the little toy shop the seller said me the 1/72 Focke was a new tooling, so I bought one for me as well :P and it looks very nice!! I have seen a 1/32 one on winter camo....and I really like it! Looks sublime!! Can you imagine on 1/24...? :rolleyes:

P

Polux

\ said:
Been looking for 1/24 aftermarket bits. Not having a lot of luck I must admit...Ian M
You are looking for the militar version Ian? Or will do a civilian version? :smiling3: should be very interesting something different!

If I'm right, you built a silver one time ago.... ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It will be an RAF bird, Don't do civil RAF or Royal Navy/FAA. The odd German luftwaffe aircraft has worked its way in. But not many. five in 40 odd years!

The silver one was also an RAF machine. It was painted special to take part in an air race.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
On the little toy shop the seller said me the 1/72 Focke was a new tooling, so I bought one for me as well :P and it looks very nice!! I have seen a 1/32 one on winter camo....and I really like it! Looks sublime!! Can you imagine on 1/24...? :rolleyes:
I've had a look at the Fw 190 you sent me and it does look very nice. As I'm at the varnishing and decaling part of my F4U 'Corsair' build I may well start it soon :smiling3:

I've built a well known Fw 190 in winter camouflage in 1/32 scale.

I like a winter camouflage too!!!

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Anyone know how good the trumpy hurricane is , I thought the airfix one was pretty good for it's detail and the only thing I could say was a few differences was in the cockpit

P

Polux

\ said:
I've built a well known Fw 190 in winter camouflage in 1/32 scale.

Cheers

Steve
That's a beauty Steve! ;)

Can I ask who is the manufacturer? Or which one is the "best" at this scale?