A-10A Thunderbolt II, Op. Allied Force 1999

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Hi everyone. I've started this build a while ago, but unfortunately due to a number of things, I couldn't continue working on it. However, as it appears I'll be able to continue working on her next week and be sure to follow this thread for progress.

Click on the below photo for more pics and text.

K

Kressy_13

Looks like it should be a good build from the pit. Always liked the look of the A-10.

Judging by the helmet in your pic you do some mountain biking? Bet it would be good where you are.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You know Seb, I have this feeling that this is going to be another superb build...the 'hog' is on a mission...raining death from above.

Si:smiling3:

W

wmar1967

May I ask how you get such precision in your paintwork for a cockpit? I see lots of detailed cockpits and I just don't get how you can be so precise.

Do you use magnifying glass? Good light? Very small brushes? Take your time?

Cockpit looks good. I've been tempted with several A-10s before - but (apart from the Sea Harrier I bought which was super cheap) I generally stick to WWII for aircraft - or at least until I've built the ones I want to build.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice cockpit Seb, look forward to more updates.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Kressy_13: yeah, I'm an avid mountain biker - we have excellent terrain here but unfortunately we are all riding most of the time illegaly due to the most stupid laws, which puts us, mountainbikers in the same category as cars, quads and motorbikes regarding riding in natural habitats.

eddiesolo: thanks :D

wmar1967: actually it's not that much of a precision painting than a prepainted photoetched parts. They give a better feeling as decals as they're not that flat and with several rised knobs they look great in 1:72. They're also quite cheap (I usually use Eduard's Zoom sets) which are in the region of 4-5GBP. Also important is to use dark wash in the pit and on the seat to increase the look of shadows, making it look deeper. And I use good old Mk.1 eyeball during painting and construction - no need to use magnifying glass yet...

flyejoe: thanks, more will follow soon

K

Kressy_13

Well that is quite stupid. We have quite a few places specially made here. Only thing we lack is any real mountains. LOL. It's easy to head over to NZ though.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Seb, looks like you have a few mods to go along the way to make your 1990s version. Your website is looking very swish, nice write ups and great photography.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
thanks Joe! Some work is needed indeed but nothing drastic to be honest

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great paint job Seb! Looking forward to seeing the decals go on , cheers tony

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Thanks guys. She's already being decaled.