A Head Banging Diversion!!! Weathered and finished

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron

This little kit turned out fantastic, weathering is superb.

You should have seen how much you could get for it off ebay as a full size JCB! It'd be a big shock when he came round to kick the tyres, suck his teeth and make you an offer!

You'll have to print a tiny log book!!!

All the best

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Paul. Your post made me chuckle.

I still don't know if it was a wind up from someone on here but I did get a reply from the person in question and he just typed ;) which according to my missus is keyboard speak for a smile.

Either way it made entertaining reading!

Thanks again,

Ron

N

noble

nice pocket sized jcb Ron lovely job mate although still don't know how you can work with things that small, anything smaller than 1/48 and iam in trouble.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
nice pocket sized jcb Ron lovely job mate although still don't know how you can work with things that small, anything smaller than 1/48 and iam in trouble.scott
Thanks Scott,

I put on my special 'Avatar' specs and of course the compulsory Boddingtons hat!....Then, best foot forward, keep my powder dry and trust in the Lord!

Apart from that rubbish, I have one of those helping hand thingy's with a good magnifying glass attached.

Good to hear from you mate.

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron

Your JCB buyer wasn't me ;) - no honestly it wasn't me. It does sound as though it could be someone on the forum. Either way it's a great story.

Just tell your prospective buyer that you can't wait too much longer as you've got an interested farmer who's got a 1/72 field that needs some drainage ditches digging!

Cheers

Paul

S

Sky Raider

Well Ron, you inspired me with this JCB of yours, such a small scale... too small for me as you all know. So as not to be outdone i decided to follow in your footsteps and build a bigger one. Cant tell you what scale it is as i had to throw the box away, it was taking up too much room. lol

P.S. ill finish it of soon, just got to add the cab and the bucket.

Andy...

View attachment 20383

View attachment 27495

IMG00131-20101008-08371.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Well Ron, you inspired me with this JCB of yours, such a small scale... too small for me as you all know. So as not to be outdone i decided to follow in your footsteps and build a bigger one. Cant tell you what scale it is as i had to throw the box away, it was taking up too much room. lolP.S. ill finish it of soon, just got to add the cab and the bucket.

Andy...

View attachment 20383
Nice one Ray, the postage when I sold the 'insect' on ebay was only a few pence.

Don't think about doing the same with that thing, the postman would have a pig of a job getting it into his sack!!

Ron