D

dubster72

M

mobear

abolutely smashing mate very very nice and the weathering is magnifique

mobear

D

dubster72

Cheers Ole! The weathering's not nearly done yet!

The tracks are on.... anyone who might buy this kit, watch out! For some strange reason, the tracks will not take paint. I've tried them primed, without primer, Tamiya acrylics, Vallejo acrylics, about the only thing I didn't try were enamels. Even now, flakes of paint pop off whenever I look at it!

A few more pics showing the chipping that's pretty much finished. I'm going for a fairly worn look as appropriate to a tank in the latter stages of WW2.

As always.. thanks for looking!

Patrick

M

mobear

this looks such a nice kit and you have totally nailed the used in battle look,not much more to say except fantastic

mobear

C

CDW

Looking really good Patrick.

The chipping is well done, gonna have to see if i can create something like that on my Panther.

The base coat of paint on the tracks of the Stuart i built did the same, i used a hard bristle brush and scrubbed some slightly diluted PVA onto them, they behaved a little better then.

One thing about your model ... have you knocked the spotlight? it looks a little "leaning backwards" in the photos and the plastic looks stressed on the bracket just under it.

D

dubster72

Thanks Ole! And yes, I have bashed the headlight a bit Colin! It'll need a quick repair job!

Cheers

Patrick

D

dubster72

Got a bit more done on this. The tools & suchlike are painted and fitted. I replaced the handles with sanded-down cocktail sticks, although I wasn't happy with the colour - I wanted a sandy shade, but they came out too yellow. Still, try something new & learn from it!

I also added some oil paints in light & dark tones to give a deeper visual effect. I'm not sure it shows up in pictures, but it looks quite good to the naked eye. Over the top & going down the sides I used white & ochre.

In the more naturally shadowy areas like the rear hull & front lower hull, burnt sienna & umber were used.

Then over the upper deck & engine deck I added some grey/gunmetal paint for a bare metal look, which was shined with a HB pencil

And last are a couple of shots of the whole tank, just to show how it's looking

Only a few things left to do now! Thanks for looking and any comments (positive or negative) are coolio!

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful weathering patrick , amazingly real chipping. The tool handles look fine in the yellowy colour , one thing though, maybe a bit more chipping round, the clasps for all the tools, im sure this area would get a lot of wear and tear , plus is the round thing next to the sledgehammer a roll of wire? it looks a bit too neat , maybe it would look better replaced with a bit of picture hanging wire rolled up? Nitpicking really but it just caught my eye (BTW feel free to tell me i know nothing about armour , because i dont!!!LOL) cheers tony

D

dubster72

Thanks Tony! This is the first build I've done front start to finish in over a year, so I'm really just using it to try out new things & remember old techniques! But I'm very pleased with how it's turning out.

And you're right, that moulded roll of wire isn't the best, I just couldn't be bothered to replace it - cutting it off the hanger or scratching a new fixing seemed a pain as I'd already done the tool handles & made new holders out of brass strip.

I always have a final stage of 'tidying-up' so I'll probably sort it out then ;)

Cheers

Patrick

P

phalinmegob

thats a gorgeous model that mate, well done .the chipping is awsome.looks so lifelike

D

dubster72

Last update before this is done! Added some camo netting & brush foliage & put on the tow cables etc...

Also changed the colour of the tool handles as I didn't like the yellow shade

And that should be it! Next time it'll be in the completed section woo-hoo!

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

i have a 1/72 scale jagd,but looking at yours..........omg,do i, dont i,i will have to its one for my big dio,battle of the bulge and is one of many tanks going into this,oh by the way your is magnificent mate,you nailed it

mobear

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Quality piece of modelling bud from top to bottom how did u do the foliage it looks superb....??? and I loving your track and wheels another cracking build

Geegad

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Patrick!

That looks the business! Superb finished model from a bargain price kit - excellent stuff. I'm just sorry I didn't come across this thread earlier!

Ever thought of building a 1/16 RC kit? I'm sure you'd make a great job of it!

All the best

Paul

D

dubster72

Cheers guys, your kind words make the hours of toil worth it! I'm very happy with how it's looking & the whole process has taught me a few things.

John, the foliage is made from ivy roots coated with PVA glue, then sprinkled with mixed dried herbs ( 19p from Tesco! ) & then sprayed with hairspray as a fixative.

Paul, I'd love to try a 1/16 model but a lack of funds is stopping me just now - I'll probably be down to doing 1/72 kits soon, but there's a nice challenge!

Thanks again

Patrick

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A beautiful piece of work Patrick.

The weathering and chipping is first class.

Tony.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Whatever scale you choose I'm sure it will look great.

Again, superb Jagdpanther and one to be proud of.

Cheers

P